What's your favorite thing to make in your Instapot?

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Our crock pot is getting tired. The Instant Pot can be used as a slow cooker as well, but from various comments on the internet, it doesn't do as good of a job in this mode compared to a regular slow cooker.

Does anybody have experience using their Instant Pot as a slow cooker, and did it produce good results?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I use mine as a slow cooker all the time. I don't see a difference between that and my old crock pot. Plus I like the fact that I can brown food in it--one less pan to have to wash.

I like the fact that it automatically switches itself to warm after the time is up. My crock pot (I allow that it's a cheap one) needs to be manually switched.

And lastly, if you are adventurous and try a few things in the pressure cooker part of it, you will soon be hooked. There are recipes for that all over the internet. It's very safe, and much easier than using a pressure cooker on the stove top.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:10 AM

Love the Instapot. Got the 14 QT and use it all the time. Two of our favorites are Chicken & Rice plus Corn beef and Cabbage. As others have stated there are hundreds of great recipes on YouTube. Just experiment and make your own. Got to try the rice pudding!!!
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 08-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I just got the small one for Christmas. I realize there are lots of recipes on Pinterest but would like to know what are your favorites so far. My sister said she makes sweet potatoes in it in 10 minutes. I assume you can also do squash.
You stated "Insta-pot" and other posters mention "Instant-pot". Same? Different? Two brand names? Is one better than the other?
Old 08-06-2018, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

My wife makes awesome chicken noodle soup in our Instapot. Pretty much everything she cooks in it is great.

The funny thing about ours is that our kids gave it to us and my wouldn't try it for over a year; was scared it would blow up. Our daughter came for a visit and cooked something in it and the wife has used it at least once a week ever since.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Thumbs up

We love our Instapot. Some of the best you tube channels I have found are Flo. Lums instapot recipes, Pressure Luck cooking (as mentioned above) Have made great Baby Back ribs with his recipe in only 45min & also here is a link to one called Mississippi pot roast which turned out really well and only uses like 3-4 ingredients.
[url]https://youtu.be/jIMOIKcigAc
Old 08-07-2018, 08:06 AM
Sage

Potatoes for potato salad in 4 minutes
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-07-2018, 07:43 PM

Pea soup, bean soup, pulled pork and hot beef for sandwiches. All turned out wonderful.
Closed Thread

Tags
makes, sister, favorites, sweet, squash

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.