Yummy and Tasty.

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Yummy and Tasty.

I started this thread to share some tasty easy fixes to the nights we don't particularly feel like going out.

Last night as a side I bought Stouffers creamed spinach. It was far better than any frozen creamed spinach I had tried. It might make spinach lovers out of non spinach lovers.

When we first moved here KathieI brought a lasagna casserole to a potluck that was SO good. She said it was Stouffers Italian Lasagna, and we have been enjoying it for an easy dinner and so DELICIOUS.

When it is rainy or chilly or even when it is hot and muggy, I like to pick up take out beef cabbage soup from Toojays or Minestrone from Carrabas and just have bread and butter with it. Sometimes we eat it in front of the TV in our jammies. YUM O!!

I use Stouffers frozen Harvest Apples as a side to a pork roast and they are so good.

(I don't work for Stouffers or have stock in it either)

If you have something yummy and easy or just your favorite go to dish....Please share it...include recipes, take out's, or convenience food.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-27-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I started this thread to share some tasty easy fixes to the nights we don't particularly feel like going out.

Last night as a side I bought Stouffers creamed spinach. It was far better than any frozen creamed spinach I had tried. It might make spinach lovers out of non spinach lovers.

When we first moved here KathieI brought a lasagna casserole to a potluck that was SO good. She said it was Stouffers Italian Lasagna, and we have been enjoying it for an easy dinner and so DELICIOUS.

When it is rainy or chilly or even when it is hot and muggy, I like to pick up take out beef cabbage soup from Toojays or Ministrone from Carrabas and just have bread and butter with it. Sometimes we eat it in front of the TV in our jammies. YUM O!!

I use Stouffers frozen Harvest Apples as a side to a pork roast and they are so good.

If you have something yummy and easy or just your favorite go to dish....Please share it...include recipes, take out's, or convenience food.
Great post Gracie: We love, really love, Michael Angelo's frozen Eggplant Parmesan, but not in the microwave. I cook it in the oven. It costs about $8.00 and we have a good portion for a meal that evening and then there is enough left over for a lunch the next day. Great meal and much easier than trying to do it myself!

Also, has anyone tried DiGiorno's new Pizzaria frozen pizza - it is excellent and probably as good as any you can get in TV.

Frozen foods are so much better than they used to be ............

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Sage
Smile

Yesterday about 3:00 we stopped at Oakwood Grill. They had a special of $5.99 pulled pork sandwich, a side and a drink. We had them put the bun on the side and got sides of mac and cheese and our drinks. Brought it all home and heated it up for dinner. More than enough pulled pork even for lunch today! and so good.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Sage
Default Bob Evans

Hubby and I are suckers for Bob Evans Mashed potatoes. They are sooooo good! If I make shepards pie, I always cheat and use Bob Evans. Even when I have guests over, I put the potatoes in a serving bowl and heat them in the microwave, put garnish on top and everyone thinks they are home made. Hush....don't tell anyone.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

When it is rainy or chilly or even when it is hot and muggy, I like to pick up take out beef cabbage soup from Toojays or Minestrone from Carrabas and just have bread and butter with it. Sometimes we eat it in front of the TV in our jammies. YUM O!!

You should try Creamed Spinach from scratch. Lots better than frozen.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Sage

Seabrook Farms creamed spinach is way better than Stouffers, but I don't see it here in Fla.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Sage

and and and..

Stouffer's has single sizes, and it's all on sale at Publix.
as Gracie likes to disclaim: I have nothing to do with Publix'(s?) financial gain, but I wish I did.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Hubby and I are suckers for Bob Evans Mashed potatoes. Even when I have guests over, I put the potatoes in a serving bowl and heat them in the microwave, put garnish on top and everyone thinks they are home made. Hush....don't tell anyone.
I do the same thing with BE mashed potatoes and also BE sweet potatoes. Once they're in your own serving bowls, no one would guess they're not home made!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I do the same thing with BE mashed potatoes and also BE sweet potatoes. Once they're in your own serving bowls, no one would guess they're not home made!
Wow!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Platinum member

If you're tired of the same old spaghetti with Marinara, cook up some spaghetti and top it with pesto sauce (from a jar), a little olive oil, and some grated cheese. And a good italian wine! (maybe some garlic bread) (OK VPL - and a salad!)
Old 08-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

For years my girlfriend passed off Cozy Shack rice pudding for homemade. She would put it in a glass bowl and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. Yum!

PS: Gracie, another great post. No bull here.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:33 PM

Last thanksgiving I did the real mashed potatoes thing & I thought to my self, I wished I was eating Bob Evans . They are soooooooo good.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Sage

I like Simply Potatoes better than Bob Evans, maybe because that's what I'm used to. I also like their hash browns.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Platinum member

I put Progresso minestrone soup over pasta (rigitoni or rotelle), add some hot pepper and grated cheese.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the great tips. Here is my quickie go to meal. I take package of defrosted creamed spinach (I use Green Giant because it's lower in fat and calorie) and put it on the bottom of a shallow pan (I use my Corning pie pan), top with a thin fish fillet like flounder or tilapia, season as you like, sprinkle with Progresso Italian bread crumbs and Parm cheese and you could give it a pat of butter, but I use butter flavor Pam. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Very easy and a complete meal but you could add another vegetable if you wanted to. It literally can be put together before the oven is even preheated. I love it and I think it's pretty healthy and low fat.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.