$$$$ Keep those Snowbirds Coming $$$$

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2021, 08:59 AM

////
Old 09-05-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
The vast majority are now vaccinated with two shots in TV. That is the difference.
Thank you, good answer that I respect.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,520 Times in 713 Posts

One can assume by your post's title and ill-informed comments that you do not understand much about The Villages community. The recreation amenities are not run or controlled by the developer but by an independent management and governmental body run principally by elected residents. There is a significant difference between the community/government "The Villages" and the developer "The Villages of Lake Sumter, Inc. or The Villages Holding Company" or any of the other dozens of companies they own.

The closures were done based on CDC, state, and county health official recommendations and directions. The goal has been to keep as much of the activities and lifestyle facilities as possible open during this period based on the guidance from these bodies, it has not been driven by money. If money was the issue then most of the last year would have been a complete shutdown as it has cost the district government significantly more to keep things open and cleaned and recleaned and recleaned again than it would have to just lock the doors.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-05-2021, 09:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Get a vaccine and get on with life. You are already dead if you live in fear
Old 09-05-2021, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Just another anti-developer inflammatory post. Meh!
I agree, it does get old after awhile.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:50 AM
Default Sense of humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Hey! No sweat! If you get sick you can just go to the movie theater in Brownwood and get 4 free shots (1 in each arm, azz and thigh I hear) with your popcorn and it's all better so it doesn't matter. You can also head to Rural King in Leesburg and they may have some horse meds left in stock.
I don’t like your sense of humor!
Old 09-06-2021, 05:04 AM
Veteran member

As a side note, I have not seen one question as to where to get the vaccination in many months, and nobody left here that really wants it or needs it anymore. I suspect in late September when the third booster shot is going to be available everyone will be getting it also that wants it. Those that are not vaccinated will have a much higher chance of course of catching it from other people not vaccinated along with a few breakthrough cases but Life Will go on for most of us. Unfortunately in the last few weeks I have heard about several friends children in their late twenties early thirties dying and I don't know whether they were vaccinated or not cuz I don't have the heart to ask or inquire but I do know they came back crying from trips.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:26 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley2011 View Post
I don’t like your sense of humor!
Old 09-06-2021, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

I think you nailed the answer.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I noticed you didn’t mention golf?

Maybe they (who ever they are ) learned that outdoor activity if precautions are take don’t spread the virus? Maybe it’s the high percentage of vaccinated villagers?

Bottom line it’s you’re responsible to protect yourself. If you think rec centers or any activity in villages puts you at risk, don’t go.
Exactly. Plus the govt restrictions have changed. Has nothing to do with money
Old 09-06-2021, 06:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
One can assume by your post's title and ill-informed comments that you do not understand much about The Villages community. The recreation amenities are not run or controlled by the developer but by an independent management and governmental body run principally by elected residents. There is a significant difference between the community/government "The Villages" and the developer "The Villages of Lake Sumter, Inc. or The Villages Holding Company" or any of the other dozens of companies they own.

The closures were done based on CDC, state, and county health official recommendations and directions. The goal has been to keep as much of the activities and lifestyle facilities as possible open during this period based on the guidance from these bodies, it has not been driven by money. If money was the issue then most of the last year would have been a complete shutdown as it has cost the district government significantly more to keep things open and cleaned and recleaned and recleaned again than it would have to just lock the doors.
thank you for your posts. I have learned a lot by reading them, and watching your videos.
You present facts as facts, and opinions as opinions.

On this matter I have few facts, but I do have an opinion. We should remember that back in February-March-April of 2020 we knew less than we do now about COVID. It was a freaky time, and trying to discern fact from fiction from the bombardment of sensationalized and politicized "news" was impossible. It has been bad, but thankfully, for most of us, not as bad as we were told it could be.
I can't blame anyone for reacting the way they did then, and changing their approach as time has taught us a few things about this pandemic.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
Why is it that "the Villages" close down Rec Centers, Pickle Ball and other activities during the height of late last year pandemic crisis.
But now that the situation is worst in Florida Rec Centers and Pickle Ball Courts still remain open.
Just wondering the motive and I come to this conclusion, IMHO
$ Its Greed $, "the Villages" management wants Snowbirds to return to the Villages.
Cases, cases, cases! What test are they using? The PCR test that the almighty CDC says in not reliable?! And will stop using in December ? What cycle are they testing at?
Florida’s economy is based on tourism . Why should TV be any different?
Old 09-06-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I noticed you didn’t mention golf?

Maybe they (who ever they are ) learned that outdoor activity if precautions are take don’t spread the virus? Maybe it’s the high percentage of vaccinated villagers?

Bottom line it’s you’re responsible to protect yourself. If you think rec centers or any activity in villages puts you at risk, don’t go.
Thank you. Finally someone with common sense
Old 09-06-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Biggest spike is July/August '21. Too early for snowbirds even if frogs do love to blame everything on snowbirds. Could it be illegals around the state?
Love to early to blame snowbirds!😎
Same pattern as last summer. South gets cases, north doesn't . Fall comes and it switches. Has to do with inside activities. Cases don’t mean death, they mean, maybe a cold. The sheep will stay home. Yes people can get very sick and even die. You can also die crossing the street or riding in a car.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:18 AM

If you haven’t had COVID yet get vaccine or check to see if you have antibodies- why are they still telling everyone to get vaccine when if you already had COVID your not going to get it again
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, $$$$, ball, centers, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.