$$$$ Keep those Snowbirds Coming $$$$

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I suspect you are correct that the reason is $$, but not necessarily to entice snowbirds to return, it’s to keep the house selling machine running full steam ahead.
Yup.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:43 AM

People have to blame someone.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersweeney View Post
If you haven’t had COVID yet get vaccine or check to see if you have antibodies- why are they still telling everyone to get vaccine when if you already had COVID your not going to get it again
You can in fact, get Covid more than once.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Yes. You can "get it again" in the form of the NEW VARIANT.

Not everyone will catch it again.
Most people will not die if they catch it again.
No one wants to get even a cold if they can avoid it.

I do not like to be called "SHEEP" or "Sheeple".
I do not like to be mocked and labeled "afraid".
No one likes to be criticized. Most people are acting according to the information they have been given. Sadly, some of it is incorrect.

I am sad to see anyone die of this ******* virus, but I am relieved that not as many are dying as at the beginning. Most older people, MOST of us have been double vaccinated.

My hope is that, since people have decided to do what they are doing, that all of the people who will get sick will be treated and hopefully not die and that perhaps the worse will be over soon.

My worry is that the ******* virus will change again in hosts that are unvaccinated, or in an animal. I hope MU doesn't stop humans from happening.

I remember just two years ago hugging anyone I wanted to hug.

Good times.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley2011 View Post
I don’t like your sense of humor!
I like your sense of humor.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I suspect you are correct that the reason is $$, but not necessarily to entice snowbirds to return, it’s to keep the house selling machine running full steam ahead.
What you "suspect" is wrong, the district government that made/makes the decisions on the closure has nothing to do with home sales, resales, or anything else associated with the developer's business ventures. As I said above, the direction and guidance for the previous and future closure comes from the CDC and State and County medical officials.

I little education about and involvement with how The Villages community works and is structured by many of the posters here would go a long way in quelling the misinformation and false narratives posted here. Of course, for some, it must be that old green-eyed monster "Envy" raising its ugly head that speaks before finding out the facts of the situation. They'll believe only what they want to believe and be consumed by their own discontent.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-06-2021, 08:15 AM

Fake news 90% of infections are not vaccinated. It’s their body their choice so let them be sick. If you’re fully vaccinated the chance of getting Covid is still low so God and enjoy life you’ll never know when the Grim Reaper is coming!
Old 09-06-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond The Wall View Post
Love to early to blame snowbirds!😎
Same pattern as last summer. South gets cases, north doesn't . Fall comes and it switches. Has to do with inside activities. Cases don’t mean death, they mean, maybe a cold. The sheep will stay home. Yes people can get very sick and even die. You can also die crossing the street or riding in a car.
"Cases don't mean death, they mean, maybe a cold." Currently, 1,500+ people every day are finding that statement to be wrong.

"You can also die crossing the street or riding in a car." Approximately 100 per day, 15 times fewer than are currently dying from Covid. However, to your point, 3,000 auto deaths per month is approximately 10 times *more* than Covid deaths in vaccinated individuals.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-06-2021, 08:36 AM

Thank you !
Old 09-06-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
Why is it that "the Villages" close down Rec Centers, Pickle Ball and other activities during the height of late last year pandemic crisis.
But now that the situation is worst in Florida Rec Centers and Pickle Ball Courts still remain open.
Just wondering the motive and I come to this conclusion, IMHO
$ Its Greed $, "the Villages" management wants Snowbirds to return to the Villages.
Why would they not return? They pay for their residence in The Villages and amenities just the same as you.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:08 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
What you "suspect" is wrong, the district government that made/makes the decisions on the closure has nothing to do with home sales, resales, or anything else associated with the developer's business ventures. As I said above, the direction and guidance for the previous and future closure comes from the CDC and State and County medical officials.

I little education about and involvement with how The Villages community works and is structured by many of the posters here would go a long way in quelling the misinformation and false narratives posted here. Of course, for some, it must be that old green-eyed monster "Envy" raising its ugly head that speaks before finding out the facts of the situation. They'll believe only what they want to believe and be consumed by their own discontent.
"AMEN" 14 years and counting. We still love this place. It's hard to believe that people spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and don't know anything about how this place is set up. No Complaints here. Len & Mary The retired half of Investment Painting.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
Why is it that "the Villages" close down Rec Centers, Pickle Ball and other activities during the height of late last year pandemic crisis.
But now that the situation is worst in Florida Rec Centers and Pickle Ball Courts still remain open.
Just wondering the motive and I come to this conclusion, IMHO
$ Its Greed $, "the Villages" management wants Snowbirds to return to the Villages.
Wonderful question. I've noticed this also, as well as all other things that were shut down..ie; schools.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Biggest spike is July/August '21. Too early for snowbirds even if frogs do love to blame everything on snowbirds. Could it be illegals around the state?
Duh...could be just a very contagious virus....duh, ya think?
Old 09-06-2021, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersweeney View Post
If you haven’t had COVID yet get vaccine or check to see if you have antibodies- why are they still telling everyone to get vaccine when if you already had COVID your not going to get it again
People have gotten it twice.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.hunter00@yahoo.com View Post
It's all about greed.
The calling card of jealousy.

Closed Thread

Tags
villages, $$$$, ball, centers, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.