$$ service fees $$

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2020, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would just make two points:

First, I have never paid anything when someone has come to my house to repair something that is covered by a warranty. I think that is a fairly standard practice for warranties.

And second, did the salesperson actually inform the customer about the unusual travel charge that is stated in the warranty? The Spa Kingdom website includes an owners manual that only refers to the warranty, but it does not include the actual warranty document. It says that the warrant document will come with the product. So, I guess you only get to read the warranty after you buy the product. That doesn't sound fair to me.
The problem with this logic is the word "fair", because the use isjudgemental or an opinion, either way, the business has a practice or a policy of a service charge, so from their point of view, its fair.

So, again, with service calls, just because it hasn't happened before, doesn't mean it can't or won't happen in the future. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results because the future is always uncertain.

And yes, we created prices to nickel and dime the customer to death, was part of increasing revenue for losing revenue in other parts of the business. So in reality, this service charge was probably a cost to offset the fact that the mfg warranty re-payment may take months, and that's a hit to the company's cash flow. Not his fault,
but he has to make it up somewhere or he will be out of business due to cash flow issues.

Finance 101, payments days received > inventory days to pay = bankruptcy

so that's why i said, if no one pays the service charge, there will be no service.

take it from someone who has done service pricing locally, nationally, and with mutiyear contracts.

sportsguy
Old 11-09-2020, 11:36 PM

Had spa kingdom over to fix a leak in the motor and put a switch in for my heater. The price was 289.00. In putting in the switch he Squeezed the wires on the against the metal frame and shortened the unit . Now I need a new unit for 950.00. Will no longer do business with them
Closed Thread

Tags
charged, mos, service, tub, hot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.