“the vha” is a trademark of the villages developer

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2022, 12:07 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,768 Posts

Hage was paid $925,096 by the developer in 2021 versus the $350,000 he was paid the prior year according to this.

Ground News - Rep. Brett Hage’s disclosure form shows major pay hike from The Villages

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-02-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Hage is an employee of the developer so thought he sponsored the legislation as part of his salary. How do you know he was slipped an additional million?

Either way new meaning to conflict of interest.
The payment is actually a matter of public record. http://public.ethics.state.fl.us/For...8403-Form6.pdf Public awareness of it is obviously the reason that Hage and the Developer realized that Hage had no chance of being re-elected and Hage didn't run for re-election.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,136 Times in 5,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Hage was paid $925,096 by the developer in 2021 versus the $350,000 he was paid the prior year according to this.

Ground News - Rep. Brett Hage’s disclosure form shows major pay hike from The Villages
Makes one wonder what he is being paid in 2022.
Old 12-02-2022, 05:52 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,768 Posts

The value of Hage's legislative initiative is Huge. A ballpark figure for a single year might be the number of new houses sold by the developer times the cost other developers pay in impact fees per house less the amount the developer pays per house.
$/year = Housessold X (Normal ImpactFee - TV ImpactFee). This is all money for the developer's purse - before income taxes.

Of course this means current residents and other taxpayers are picking up much of the tab for new development infrastructure.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-02-2022, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,806 Times in 1,262 Posts

Quote:
The value of Hage's legislative initiative is Huge. A ballpark figure for a single year might be the number of new houses sold by the developer times the cost other developers pay in impact fees per house less the amount the developer pays per house.
$/year = Housessold X (Normal ImpactFee - TV ImpactFee). This is all money for the developer's purse - before income taxes.

Of course this means current residents and other taxpayers are picking up much of the tab for new development infrastructure.
But the new development is increasing the tax base each year.

At 5,000 new homes with an average sale price of 450K is over two billion dollars last year.

Homes built ten years ago have half the real estate tax. So the new home owners are substantially carrying the cost.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
But the new development is increasing the tax base each year.

At 5,000 new homes with an average sale price of 450K is over two billion dollars last year.

Homes built ten years ago have half the real estate tax. So the new home owners are substantially carrying the cost.
There is a right way to do business and more and more ethics are going out the window. People run for office and they should at least give lip service to be working for we the people.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,551 Times in 3,121 Posts

Quote:
There is a right way to do business and more and more ethics are going out the window. People run for office and they should at least give lip service to be working for we the people.
Accountability? Here? In Florida?
Old 12-03-2022, 06:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
If he owns the property he's living in, or owns other property in the Villages, then yes he is there for the firefighters. As you say - they are professional. That means they get paid. They're paid through our tax dollars.
Yeah, they are a rare bird in the VCDD machine. Full time employees and unionized.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
This thread is based on anti-developer sentiment, which is not held by the HUGE majority of people who live here. This place is run VERY WELL and no one is forced to buy here or to remain living here.

I hate it when I see groups of people trying to change something that is perfectly good for the sake of their "theory of life" or how they vote.

The VHA is a good organization. The VHA is a helpful organization and again, no one is forced to join it. I have lived here in The Villages for sixteen years and went to one meeting and it was very nice and vanilla. I do not support the POA at all.

When I needed a walker for a short spell, I learned the VHA has them and wheel chairs available at no charge. The VHA also have workshops for those who are struggling with the computer and many other helpful things.

I don't know the developer, but enjoy going to the "State of the Villages" gathering and seeing Mark Morse and family. They are just nice people it seems to me and hardworking. Most people would have stopped working long ago. They have a huge fortune that could support them all for several lifetimes. I am guessing they are proud of this place and wish to continue to support the economy that it depends on. They are very "not showoffy", the Morse family. I like what little I see.

The same people continue to voice their negative voices on this forum, year after year after year.

Please take a breath and rest.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This thread is based on anti-developer sentiment, which is not held by the HUGE majority of people who live here. This place is run VERY WELL and no one is forced to buy here or to remain living here.

I hate it when I see groups of people trying to change something that is perfectly good for the sake of their "theory of life" or how they vote.

The VHA is a good organization. The VHA is a helpful organization and again, no one is forced to join it. I have lived here in The Villages for sixteen years and went to one meeting and it was very nice and vanilla. I do not support the POA at all.

When I needed a walker for a short spell, I learned the VHA has them and wheel chairs available at no charge. The VHA also have workshops for those who are struggling with the computer and many other helpful things.

I don't know the developer, but enjoy going to the "State of the Villages" gathering and seeing Mark Morse and family. They are just nice people it seems to me and hardworking. Most people would have stopped working long ago. They have a huge fortune that could support them all for several lifetimes. I am guessing they are proud of this place and wish to continue to support the economy that it depends on. They are very "not showoffy", the Morse family. I like what little I see.

The same people continue to voice their negative voices on this forum, year after year after year.

Please take a breath and rest.
This is a wonderful place to live and have greatly enjoyed our three years here. Well the 18 months we were home during covid not so much but still happy to be here.

I think the developer has done a great job building this place over three generations but do think the family has way to much control over local politics. I am certainly not anti developer but call them as I see them.
Old 12-03-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:
This is a wonderful place to live and have greatly enjoyed our three years here. Well the 18 months we were home during covid not so much but still happy to be here.

I think the developer has done a great job building this place over three generations but do think the family has way to much control over local politics. I am certainly not anti developer but call them as I see them.
So in what city or country in the world do people with lots of money not have influence/control of politics. NYC had Trump and Bloomberg, Dallas had Perot, Ft Worth has the Bass family, Gates in Washington you could go on and on. Money, influence and power all go hand in hand. Strange how US Congress members go in not rich and come out with nothing to worry about for the rest of their lives. That is the way it is and can not see a way to stop it. Influence can be good and bad, can help public but hurt the public. There is a balancing act that must be done and due diligence.
Old 12-03-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:

You are absolutely correct.

FYI: Compared to Collier County, the value of Hage's legislation to the Developer is over a billion dollars (at the expense of current residents). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQiReUkH_V4

One of the few good developments regarding this issue is that every Developer-puppet County Commissioner who voted for the 2019 county tax increase to preserve the Developer's sweetheart impact fee has now been tossed out of office-- as has State Representative Hage, who got almost a million dollars from the Developer after sponsoring the legislation tailored to protect the Developer's sweetheart impact fee.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:04 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I prefer not to name anyone as pro or anti developer as we are all Villagers living our dream and expressing our own wishes for the changes that are always inevitable. Everyone should be welcomed to live here and encouraged to make their desires known. Although starting my 5 year serving on the NSCUDD board, I am still learning how this community works and enjoy serving our customers to the best of my ability.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFenstermaker View Post
You are absolutely correct.

FYI: Compared to Collier County, the value of Hage's legislation to the Developer is over a billion dollars (at the expense of current residents). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQiReUkH_V4

One of the few good developments regarding this issue is that every Developer-puppet County Commissioner who voted for the 2019 county tax increase to preserve the Developer's sweetheart impact fee has now been tossed out of office-- as has State Representative Hage, who got almost a million dollars from the Developer after sponsoring the legislation tailored to protect the Developer's sweetheart impact fee.
You write as if the business of development of The Villages was a negative thing. It isn't. It is a wonderfully well run and safe place and unlike anything on this earth. I don't think anyone is so naive that they don't know that having powerful friends that can help your business is desirable. There is a huge industry based on favors and getting them. That is reality. Business owners make money. The only entity that I know of that wastes and loses money on a regular basis is in power now.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,437 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You write as if the business of development of The Villages was a negative thing. It isn't. It is a wonderfully well run and safe place and unlike anything on this earth. I don't think anyone is so naive that they don't know that having powerful friends that can help your business is desirable. There is a huge industry based on favors and getting them. That is reality. Business owners make money. The only entity that I know of that wastes and loses money on a regular basis is in power now.
Thin ice Gracie! Thin ice!
Closed Thread

Tags
vha, developer, developers, district, fire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.