$1.50 for a candy bar

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

what would one pay ay almost any public venue?? How much at one of the surrounding clubs outside TV?

How about at Amway Center in Orlando, or any other sporting event venue?? $10 glass of beer! $6 hot dogs!! Etc.

I know the issue is the 50% increase.

Can you tell me ANYTHING you buy today that has not gone up substantially since last summer? 2 years ago?

Methinks some don't know how good it is here in TV....and most places like it.

TV price increases will continue as the developer gets more and more un-involved and independent owners adjust prices to make a profit.The bubble will always have a price advantage of sorts on some things....but enjoy what there is while it lasts.

btk
Old 01-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Veteran member
Default DRINKING the Kooliade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
That's the spirit, condemn the developer again. If you want a free meal then go to one of those financial seminars that are so abundant around here.
I'll bet you that people would complain if candy bars were not for sale at the turn. Can't please everyone especially the ones that feel "Entitled".
We no longer will refer to those who buy into EVERYTHING here as drinking the koolaide,,, now it will be as known as EATN the Hershey bar,,, just another case of BIG BROTHER in our billfolds,,,,at least now you wont get sand in your KOOLDADE with head in the sand,,, will be a sandy hershey bar,,, I would love to have my grandkids set up a little stand in my back yard when the golfers come by,, and sell them candy bars and Ice cold Beer,, buying a beer from a 12 year old could get me in trouble,,,,, buck for beer and buck for a hershey bar!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

If the golfers knew selling candy bars was for a food bank or operation shoe box for our troups, the $1.50 wouldn't be a problem. That is an excellant idea.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
I actually have re-written my response after re-reading the post and your comments, and surmise that your note was in reference to the OPs comment about a 50% increase versus the actual cost of the candy bar. Assuming that to be the case, you may have inadvertently opened yourself up for repeat criticism with the free candy bar comment. The short of it is that someone, somewhere, is not going to agree. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I would only suggest that we all ignore any piling on and fo myself, I'll thank the OP for the head's up on the cost of a candy bar at the starter's shack.

By the way, I don't know who said it, but the quote is something like this: "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death to protect your right to say it".
Or...the saying also goes and VERY TRUE FOR THIS PLACE:
You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
We no longer will refer to those who buy into EVERYTHING here as drinking the koolaide,,, now it will be as known as EATN the Hershey bar,,, just another case of BIG BROTHER in our billfolds,,,,at least now you wont get sand in your KOOLDADE with head in the sand,,, will be a sandy hershey bar,,, I would love to have my grandkids set up a little stand in my back yard when the golfers come by,, and sell them candy bars and Ice cold Beer,, buying a beer from a 12 year old could get me in trouble,,,,, buck for beer and buck for a hershey bar!
It your little box down by the river on a golf course??
Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
1) Nobody forces you to buy the stupid candy bars. bring your own if you don't want to pay the buck fifty.

2) Head in the sand? Not.

3) That would not be a good lesson for your grand kids. How about a Koolaid stand (just regular Koolaid not the villagers stuff).

4) If you do sell beer I'd pay the buck that you asked.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I wouldn't pay the prices the courses were charging for candy bars before its increase. I shopped for the best value and stocked up.

i won't play championship here during prime season because of the non-competitive prices so I play off campus.

The courses, admin, maintenance etc are exclusively owned by Lake-sumter, Inc. Its a monopoly and your huge financial investment gets you nothing. If you want some relief or special consideration pay $800 for priority. However study the program carefully before you invest because it may not be as much a benefit as you might initially believe

What I won't do is criticize or complain about the developer because if you do you are sure to be assaulted by the village political correctness crowd aka/THPCC. They will come out in force and tell you to stop whinning, move some place else, that you should be grateful to the Developer for building you such a wonderful place, etc etc. etc.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantwaittoarrive View Post
$1.50 is too much for a candy bar anywhere, at least I won't pay it. I remember back in the 60's visiting my grandma in Scottsdale, PA. you could go to the candy store and for .05 or .10 you could buy a whole bag of candy and actually ask for .01 of different kinds of candy.
With all due respect, why would you bring up the 1960's?
50 years ago was a looooooooooong time ago. The average car was about $2,500. Now it is probably $30,000 a 12 times increase.

You can't compare back then and you can't go back.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM

The chocolate candy bars are supplied to the golf courses by Kindred Spirits, as well as the soft drinks. Now let's see, who owns Kindred Spirits and where do they fit in the "big scheme of things"?? Is it ringing a familiar bell???
Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Gold member
Default Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
and I don't know anyone that golfs at Sam's so that isn't relevant either.
I think we have found that person who gives the finger to walkers (another post)
Old 01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I think we have found that person who gives the finger to walkers (another post)
I guess now I'm confused
Old 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM

Complain and then complain about the complaint. Sounds like everyone needs to go back to work because you all have too much time on your hands. Is this really a non- issue that Gracie Girl will get involved with. Oh my
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Email Reported As Spam

A complaint about nothing.......It would seem a natural reaction for someone to raise the question when the price of an item is so greatly exaggerated.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts
Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronat1 View Post
The chocolate candy bars are supplied to the golf courses by Kindred Spirits, as well as the soft drinks. Now let's see, who owns Kindred Spirits and where do they fit in the "big scheme of things"?? Is it ringing a familiar bell???
I didn't know that, hmm
From the Kindred Spirits own website http://www.thevillageskindredspirits.com/index.htm

"Kindred Spirits is owned and operated by The Villages of Lake and Sumter Inc."
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Platinum member

Chloe
&
Lulu
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.