114 new COVID cases in Marion County portion of The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2021, 11:22 AM
Veteran member
Default craft fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunky1 View Post
There will be a lot more cases stemming from the villages sponsored winter social league,craft fairs and other large functions that they sponsor.
I saw a craft fair on Powell Rd and there was hardly anyone there.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:34 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Shooting the Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
They get their data directly from the Florida Department of Health and these are the numbers DOH is reporting. Don't shoot the messenger!

Home | Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak
Apparently that is a favorite pass time on TOTV.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:40 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
As another poster mentioned you can look up cases by area code. 32162 is for the villages in Marion County. CDD4 encompasses the homes up here and there are about 5,000 rooftops (homes) in CDD4.
Many of the homes in Sumter County are also in the 32162 zip code.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:58 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaunchyRich View Post
Besides the possibility of Death & The Villages, what do they have in common? Has the Tracking Program been terminated?
Don't hear anything about tracking any more; here or nationally ! Anyone remember back to late last summer when they were manically recruiting "trackers" everywhere in nearly every city and state.... not heard much after that ! ?
Old 01-24-2021, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I read that no one was prepared to cooperate with the trackers, so it probably died of natural causes.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
There will be a lot more cases stemming from the villages sponsored winter social league,craft fairs and other large functions that they sponsor.
I am sure that is true and it is just asking for cases and deaths.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiesrgreat@gmail.com View Post
I don’t understand why more positive COVID results is always a bad thing? When my sister called me and told me she tested positive - I was envious. She had no symptoms (in her 60s, watches what she eats and stays very active) ....then, when she called and told me her test came back positive for antibodies - again, I was envious. Her family (husband and son - home from college) also tested positive - no symptoms. I realize there are people who are vulnerable and a positive test result may be a very bad thing - a death sentence - and, yes, I have personally experienced similar loss. In Nov 2009 - in the middle of H1N1 outbreak - my mom - suffering from something else quickly passed when her system was stressed by H1N1 - but her death certificate did not list H1N1 as the cause of her death - death was due to heart failure. Today, maybe because of politics - there is a spotlight on Covid - when, in fact, battling viruses has always been (and will continue to be) a fight for many. I am more worried about the viruses I was exposed to decades ago..... sure testing positive w/Covid - can be scary and may result in some serious conditions (and death) - but for MANY/MOST - there are no or very slight symptoms. There are many viruses that are out there (may already be a threat to you & those you love) that will *never go away once you are diagnosed with them*! Those are the ones I fear. Take care of yourself - do not indulge, take care of the body you have been blessed with, take precautions to avoid threats from all type of viruses that have always been out there (and will always be out there). If I had a choice of a virus to get - believe me - Covid would be at the top of my list. I’d trade an hiv, hpv, hsv positive —— any day for a Covid positive!
That is one of the most strange conclusions about CV that I have ever heard or read anywhere on TV or in this forum. Quite unique in my opinion!
Old 01-24-2021, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Let the natural selection continue
And that is dark and without empathy. The funny thing is - if others get CV then it boomerangs back at you. Death of a few people does NOT make the remainder any safer. And society may lose some VERY worthwhile people with worthwhile experiences - take Larry King for example. Be careful what you wish for! And the chaos and despair may (?) become rampant. Which could crush hospitals and social service and boomerang back on everyone! Worst-case scenario is that the US loses it's economic and political status and Russia or China fill that vacuum!
Old 01-24-2021, 01:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Nothing new. We are in a state of panic. Rumors take on a life of their own. It is normal.

In terms of valid statistics, number of cases compared to whatever time we choose to put in. The statistics have yet to be properly collected and likely never will be.
Colorado is in less of a "state" of panic.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Don't hear anything about tracking any more; here or nationally ! Anyone remember back to late last summer when they were manically recruiting "trackers" everywhere in nearly every city and state.... not heard much after that ! ?
That is the same situation as IF you see a mushroom cloud from an H bomb, then it is too LATE to run away from it...........You can NOT do contract tracing now because the US is too far gone with CV. It is the worst in the world. We COULD have done tracing in May or June. Too LATE now, sports fans, that horse has left our barn.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I read that no one was prepared to cooperate with the trackers, so it probably died of natural causes.
US inbreeding for stubbornness.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:42 PM

Does it say they are Village residents in Marion Co. Marion County covers a lot of territory TV is nust a small part.
Closed Thread

Tags
cases, county, villages, marion, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.