18 totv messages, 1-2 positive/neutral in tone

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2015, 04:33 AM

I agree with Kitty
Old 08-18-2015, 05:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
IMO, totV posts have become 80% or more negative in tone, and half of those lacking negative tone are advertisements.
I guess the % just increased a little more
Old 08-18-2015, 06:37 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Don't worry, be happy!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Correcting misinformation, quelling rumors and trying to be positive is kind of a challenge at times. Our parents generation rarely praised, that is how they raised children, and that may have stuck with many. You don't say ANYTHING unless something is WRONG. Also many new people are skeptical and uncomfortable with all that is right, casting about to see if this place really is this good.

This is the nicest place that adults could find to enjoy their victory laps in my humble opinion.

We have far fewer years ahead of us than behind us. Why waste them on negativity? My head is not in the sand but my realistic view is here for all to see. I love this place. It is ANOTHER beautiful day in The Villages. Hugs to y'all.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:57 AM

We are planning on down there. Is what you say for real, or are you joking?
Old 08-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Thought for the day or a day:
Sometimes when people disagree with our thinking, we consider it to be negative.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:03 AM

In response to Golfing Eagle, we are planning on moving down, are you serious? Didn't know if my previous reply would be understood since I couldn't see the quote I was referring to.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathygeorge View Post
In response to Golfing Eagle, we are planning on moving down, are you serious? Didn't know if my previous reply would be understood since I couldn't see the quote I was referring to.

Please reread. One of his posts was tongue in cheek. The one's following it explained he was kidding.

Jumping to negative conclusions happens a lot on this forum.

Welcome to the forum, kathygeorge. When are you coming to see this lovely place?
Old 08-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Correcting misinformation, quelling rumors and trying to be positive is kind of a challenge at times. Our parents generation rarely praised, that is how they raised children, and that may have stuck with many. You don't say ANYTHING unless something is WRONG. Also many new people are skeptical and uncomfortable with all that is right, casting about to see if this place really is this good.

This is the nicest place that adults could find to enjoy their victory laps in my humble opinion.

We have far fewer years ahead of us than behind us. Why waste them on negativity? My head is not in the sand but my realistic view is here for all to see. I love this place. It is ANOTHER beautiful day in The Villages. Hugs to y'all.
Except for worrying about an extremely unlikely coyote attack or some other unforeseen misfortune (lighting strikes) , the Villages is a great place to be for me in 2015. I can put up with the occasion personal attacks or rude/insulting remarks on TOTV too (but I will report them in the hope that they stop all together). I have seen far worse on some of the message boards (mainly Findlaw and Facebook occasionally after 2014 or so) I have been using since 2001 or so. And, my 224 613 Project (on no, not that again) seems to be doing extremely well. Since I have been working on this since January 1991 in MN, LA, CA, IL and FL with many NV, NJ, TX, MA, DC, VA and NY connections; it is about time that I see some real fruits from all that labor. I am kind of assuming the best in people though with this Project's development. 2016 and 2017 should be even more interesting. I am with Graciegirl, it is another beautiful day in the Villages. So glad that we moved from Palm Harbor, Florida in 2005 to here. I too respect the Morses' vision but there are of course various problems which TOTV helps to solve in some small way or even in larger ways depending on who looks at TOTV. You never know who might be reading these posts.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathygeorge View Post
OMG, I'm so sorry---looks like I seriously confused you, please re-read the thread. I'm 100% with GG, this place is wonderful, and I haven't even moved in full time yet. You will find on TOTV there are 99% of us in love with TV, and about 1-2% who constantly have something to complain about, hence the OP's reference to negative posts. I just couldn't resist posting what I thought was humorous hyperbole, since most of us are familiar with who posts what in general. I never thought I could be taken seriously. So like Bob Barker said "kathygeorge, come on down!"
Old 08-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Except for worrying about an extremely unlikely coyote attack or some other unforeseen misfortune (lighting strikes) , the Villages is a great place to be for me in 2015. I can put up with the occasion personal attacks or rude/insulting remarks on TOTV too (but I will report them in the hope that they stop all together). I have seen far worse on some of the message boards (mainly Findlaw and Facebook occasionally after 2014 or so) I have been using since 2001 or so. And, my 224 613 Project (on no, not that again) seems to be doing extremely well. Since I have been working on this since January 1991 in MN, LA, CA, IL and FL with many NV, NJ, TX, MA, DC, VA and NY connections; it is about time that I see some real fruits from all that labor. I am kind of assuming the best in people though with this Project's development. 2016 and 2017 should be even more interesting. I am with Graciegirl, it is another beautiful day in the Villages. So glad that we moved from Palm Harbor, Florida in 2005 to here. I too respect the Morses' vision but there are of course various problems which TOTV helps to solve in some small way or even in larger ways depending on who looks at TOTV. You never know who might be reading these posts.

Tal - I believe not only the remainder of 2015 will be good for you in TV, but great for you in the years to come!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Eternal Member

All I can say is, I LOVE THE VILLAGES !! A big thank you to Harold and all the Morse family for creating this wonderful place for us to spend the rest of our lives. We been here over 15 years and I love it as much now as I did when we first moved here.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
OMG, I'm so sorry---looks like I seriously confused you, please re-read the thread. I'm 100% with GG, this place is wonderful, and I haven't even moved in full time yet. You will find on TOTV there are 99% of us in love with TV, and about 1-2% who constantly have something to complain about, hence the OP's reference to negative posts. I just couldn't resist posting what I thought was humorous hyperbole, since most of us are familiar with who posts what in general. I never thought I could be taken seriously. So like Bob Barker said "kathygeorge, come on down!"
golfing eagles, I wouldn't worry. Your post was great fun and obviously tongue-in-cheek. Anybody not getting it needs to read it again.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
All I can say is, I LOVE THE VILLAGES !! A big thank you to Harold and all the Morse family for creating this wonderful place for us to spend the rest of our lives. We been here over 15 years and I love it as much now as I did when we first moved here.

Amen!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Not a day goes by that I don't pinch myself to see if it is real...Yes. I really do live in The Villages!!

Tags
tone, negative, totv, half, advertisements, lacking, positive/neutral, 1-2, messages, imo, posts, 80%

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.