18 year old Villages resident

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
A little off of topic...but, my understanding is that the "family friendly" neighborhoods that are "in" the villages, are really not a part of the villages. I DO know that they are NOT allowed a resident pass. My brother wanted to purchase a home there (he is over 55). He wanted the home because they are allowed fences (he has 2 large dogs) and have larger yards....however, he found out that he could not get a resident pass.(his wife wanted activity accessibility)....so, they're still looking.
Are they aware that there are a number of homes in Hemingway that have fenced back yards? Nash Loop is the street!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
I hope the child is OK that's the main thing here. As for her address saying she's from TV, if she's going to College she's home when school is NOT in session, and her Drivers license lists her address as TV. I'm sure she's still under her parents insurance which would also say TV. She maybe turning 19 real soon before summer break which would make her legal. There maybe a special arrangement made which is allowed with TV managements permission or she could live in the Family section which is also listed as TV. So lets not get our panties in a bunch. Just hope the young lady is OK and that's all that counts. JMO
Beautifully said!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in TV View Post
Village of Bison Valley: "Bison Valley is a family oriented neighborhood located close to shopping, dining, schools, and more. The friendly streets are lined with well built homes made of either wood frame or block and stucco construction. In addition to being close to all the amenities you need and enjoy everyday – those same destinations are available by golf car!"

There's a Gardenia available there for $299,000 VLS#214243
I bet the address of this property is The Villages.

It wasn't stated that this 18 year old was trying to break any rules or was entitled to use the amenities of The Villages. I think the OP's question was answered...with at least two possibilities. I hope she has a speedy recovery from any injuries incurred from the accident.
The addresses of Bison Valley are Oxford. We are built by The Villages and sold by The Villages. Our home warranty is thru the Villages, Technically we are owned by Mid-Florida Properties. Their address is Lake Sumter Landing. But can not have The Villages as listed city due to the fact we are not deed restricted to The Villages.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01 View Post
Include Villages of Parkwood, too.
While Parkwood is a family housing area,, it is not affiliated with The Villages whatsoever. A different developer and builders.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
The addresses of Bison Valley are Oxford. We are built by The Villages and sold by The Villages. Our home warranty is thru the Villages, Technically we are owned by Mid-Florida Properties. Their address is Lake Sumter Landing. But can not have The Villages as listed city due to the fact we are not deed restricted to The Villages.
Thank you for clearing that up!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
I hope the child is OK that's the main thing here. As for her address saying she's from TV, if she's going to College she's home when school is NOT in session, and her Drivers license lists her address as TV. I'm sure she's still under her parents insurance which would also say TV. She maybe turning 19 real soon before summer break which would make her legal. There maybe a special arrangement made which is allowed with TV managements permission or she could live in the Family section which is also listed as TV. So lets not get our panties in a bunch. Just hope the young lady is OK and that's all that counts. JMO
AMEN. That's all that counts not her address.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01 View Post
Include Villages of Parkwood, too.
PARKWOOD is DEFINITELY not part of The Villages.....different builder different everything. The only thing this development offers is family residences very close to The Villages. Although close (in location only) to Bison Valley, the developer, the construction quality, and overall management style is dramatically different. Not even close in comparison.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
While Parkwood is a family housing area,, it is not affiliated with The Villages whatsoever. A different developer and builders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
PARKWOOD is DEFINITELY not part of The Villages.....different builder different everything. The only thing this development offers is family residences very close to The Villages. Although close (in location only) to Bison Valley, the developer, the construction quality, and overall management style is dramatically different. Not even close in comparison.
I know this! My comment was only to make a point about the reference of the girl being from the Villages. The reporter could have been referring to the Villages of Parkwood. I doubt this is the case, but one never can be sure.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Email Reported As Spam

We are back to the simple/complex question ( your choice) how does an 18 year old have a The Villages address? Ho are homes in Hemingway allowed fences? I bought here because of deed restrictions, because of rules and because these instruments prevent a development from becoming honky tonk. When people buy here they agree in writing to honor the rules. Residents have to speak up against those that would diminish TV.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
We are back to the simple/complex question ( your choice) how does an 18 year old have a The Villages address? Ho are homes in Hemingway allowed fences? I bought here because of deed restrictions, because of rules and because these instruments prevent a development from becoming honky tonk. When people buy here they agree in writing to honor the rules. Residents have to speak up against those that would diminish TV.
Weren't the fences in Hemingway a developer experiment? The fences were a part of the house when sold.
I agree with you rules are rules.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Veteran member

When we moved here 9 yeaers ago we were told that if you had a child 18 or older they could live with you forever. They get id's like everyone else an all the priviledges. Don't understand why some people get so upset over seeng a young person around. They are not all thieves and juvenile delinquents.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Sage

I understood BogieShooter completely when he was talking about rules and which ones should or should not be enforced.

The 18 year old girl probably lives in one of the "family villages" but possibly may be living in the actual Villages - which is a violation. Chances are that she does not have wild parties at the home and could look 19 so no one would think twice if she lived next door with her mom and dad. A violation but no big gig.

However, if grandparents took in a grown child with a child or two or three, that is a big gig - and neighbors WOULD turn them in to Deed Compliance.

Naturally, a car on blocks is in the same category as the small kids or younger teen kids.

The traffic accident was her fault but still I wish her a fast and full recovery.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What about a junk pick-up truck up on blocks in your next door neighbors driveway for 3 months,6 months?
That's not the same thing and you know it. Would you really compare the supposed illegality of an 18 year old in TV to a truck on blocks? Really????
Old 02-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

e:[QUOTE=sharonga;827128]What a creep. Maybe the newspaper made a mistake on her age. Who cares. Enough is enough. What are we living in paradise or ..........................[/QUOTE
Old 02-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Sage

Just as a point of information, 20-year-olds may be permanent residents of TV if a resident owner of the house is 50+ years old.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.