$19 increase in maintenance assessment?

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The entire budgeting process is open to the public and is conducted at the CDD board meetings and budget workshops. There are very very few residents attending these meetings and in my 3 years on the CDD board and PWAC I do not recall a single person asking any questions about the budget, budget process, or any of the line items on the budget. There are consistently questions asked by the Supervisors who serve on these boards delving into were the money is spent and why. And by the way, it's the Supervisor's money too, they pay the same taxes and fees as everyone else in their district.

I for one would love to see more community involvement in the governance of our community. The only people I've seen that show up are those with a specific complaint or those completing the Residents Academy.

When was the last time you showed up and spoke up at a District Board meeting? Or is yours just digital courage?

Your last statement "The silent majority is a benefit to those who control community expenditures." is a personal insult to those of us who take the time and initiative to actually get involved with trying to make The Villages a better place for all. You insinuate nefarious doings by the boards because no one shows up and asks questions. You have grossly over valued your opinion on this matter, it's not even worth 2 cents.
Wow! Did you get my post 100% wrong.

I did not say or insinuate any of what you wrongfully accused above.

Must have been a bad day.
Closed Thread

Tags
assessment, maintenance, increase, villages, owner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.