$2.4 million home for sale in TV

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Veteran member
Default $2.4 million home for sale in TV

This is by far the most expensive home I've seen for sale in TV. Sure do hate it that I'm not ready to buy quite yet, but then again, I'd just have to gut it since the over the top opulence is not quite my style.

Anyone have a clue just where in TV it might be located?

Properties of The Villages

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 08-30-2013, 02:25 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I could guess judging from the lake view over the wetland but I won't. Might be a bit of a white elephant - for a while. I think The Villages has had a handful of homes list for @$1M+ and they seem to sell.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Email Reported As Spam

At 2.4 you could buy more house almost anywhere else. There is an 8500 foot house for sale next to Prince's parents home on a real lake in the Minneapolis area . It has an elevator, inside pool, a mirrored room with a spa in the center three levels with a kitchen on the bottom floor and the 2nd floor. an elevator a huge lot well treed. The is a three sided view of the lake. A six car garage and more Selling for 1.8.

Moral of my story. If I had that kind of money I would be buying elsewhere

Why would anyone want to buy a house that is so much more than the homes in the general area?

I am wondering if this is a home belonging to someone in the Developer's family?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
At 2.4 you could buy more house almost anywhere else. There is an 8500 foot house for sale next to Prince's parents home on a real lake in the Minneapolis area . It has an elevator, inside pool, a mirrored room with a spa in the center three levels with a kitchen on the bottom floor and the 2nd floor. an elevator a huge lot well treed. The is a three sided view of the lake. A six car garage and more Selling for 1.8.

Why would anyone want to buy a house that is so much more than the homes in the general area?

I am wondering if this is a home belonging to someone in the Developer's family?
If I had that kind of money I would be buying right here. Minn, lol
Old 08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

I suspect there are more than just the developer who can afford to pay millions for a home.

Before all the lots around Lake Miona were sold and built out there were any number of them (the lots ONLY) that were $650,000 - $700,000.
Doesn't thake much to reach $1.5 to $2.5 million for those with the money to do so.

The million dollar plus homes don't seem to have the normal turnover of TV and when one does come on the market it sells relatively quickly.

btk
Old 08-30-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by since the over the top opulence is not quite my style. :laugh:

Anyone have a clue just where in TV it might be located?

[url=http://www.thevillages.com/homes/vls/pohdetail/vlsdetail4.aspx?vlsnum=214174
Properties of The Villages[/url]
Think I just viewed this home on WWW. HOMES.COM . and I think address was listed. P.S. just too gordy for my taste!!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:53 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
If I had that kind of money I would be buying right here. Minn, lol
golfingnut: when we are talking this kind of money one could have an expensive place here and in Minneapolis.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:55 PM

Clearwater run - off of BV across from Palmer
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Sage

I used to love to tour many of the homes while under development. I suspect I have been in some of yours. This is long before they were yours of course .

I remember being blown away by the homes out on Baypoint Way. There are three homes that sit out on a little isolated point. Just beautiful. I suspect they could have been around 1.5m a couple of years ago? Now that the driveway is painted and the garage attic stairs in maybe they are 2.4

Not sure it is one of those but the back view looks like it could be.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I could guess judging from the lake view over the wetland but I won't. Might be a bit of a white elephant - for a while. I think The Villages has had a handful of homes list for @$1M+ and they seem to sell.
Do you think it is Lake Miona on the point???? Come on manabouttown...tell us!

We were riding around the other night and spotted an unusually large home in Mission Hills and I looked up it's address and it sold for $616k.

It looked to be the only "regular" designer in there. Most of them are lovely bungalows.

I love seeing unusual properties. This one has furnishings that seem...a few years old? I could be wrong. Sure is fancy.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtime View Post
Clearwater run - off of BV across from Palmer
Oh..at Bridgeport at Lake Miona? On the lake. I don't see tall trees. Don't they all have tall oaks..on the water?..I'll go back and look.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Platinum member

They'll do owner financing.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I suspect there are more than just the developer who can afford to pay millions for a home.

Before all the lots around Lake Miona were sold and built out there were any number of them (the lots ONLY) that were $650,000 - $700,000.
Doesn't thake much to reach $1.5 to $2.5 million for those with the money to do so.

The million dollar plus homes don't seem to have the normal turnover of TV and when one does come on the market it sells relatively quickly.

btk
btk: That is true . But I had always been under the impression that you didn't want to own the most expensive house in your area. since there is no address it is difficult to determine what values the homes are in the general vicinity of this home.

The other issue is of course the intended purpose of use. I suspect a well to do would buy his property as a vacation home and eventually sell it for a profit.

But I am not a wealthy well to do so my plans would be more tailored to my needs. In this case I would expand my search to find an area I liked where 2.4 bought me more I mentioned the home in Minneapolis only in passing because I have been to that home and the owner spent his entire working life preparing for that home on Lake Riley
Old 08-30-2013, 03:08 PM

This is what I love about TV. The owners of this home and the owners of a manufactured home costing less than a $100k have the same access to our community amenities!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Sage

3,888 sq ft is really not all that spacious. But hey, people pay a million for a one bedrm apt in Manhattan or San Francisco
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.