2006 murder in TV

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Veteran member
Default 2006 murder in TV

I have read about this tragedy on a few different sites. My question for TOTV readers does any one have any idea what happened to the daughter (Sheila Miller)? The whole thing was beyond awful and from what I read I believe she is extremely culpable. The last thing I saw was her father successfully filed a restraining order against her and that the prosecutor did not plan to file any charges against her. I just thought I'd see if by chance anyone here knew of anything further.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I'd be curious too as this wasn't too far from our house!
Old 02-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Last I heard was she got off scot free. Truly a shame that scum like that gets to walk this earth.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
I have read about this tragedy on a few different sites. My question for TOTV readers does any one have any idea what happened to the daughter (Sheila Miller)? The whole thing was beyond awful and from what I read I believe she is extremely culpable. The last thing I saw was her father successfully filed a restraining order against her and that the prosecutor did not plan to file any charges against her. I just thought I'd see if by chance anyone here knew of anything further.
Here's a link to some old articles.
Seems the three men were convicted. One got the death penalty, one got life in prison, not sure about the third.The third man testified against the other two. Sheila also testified against these men and was never charged with any involvement.
Articles about Sheila Miller - Orlando Sentinel
Old 02-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

The 3rd guy and youngest I believe was Theodore Houston. He ended up taking a plea and testifying against the other 2. I read in one of Rayschic's link above he got 20 years for 2nd degree murder. Most of what I'm going to say if from memory of what I read in the past so please don't take it as 100% fact. I think he had little involvement in the crime and had little if any criminal background (unlike the other 2). His sentence could have been much heavier but was given the "light" 20 year sentence due to no criminal background, little involvement, his help with the other cases, and his remorse. These things (penalties) are impossible as not everyone will ever agree with the penalties but what I know of it I think this is as fair as possible for all 3. 1 death row, 1 life w/o parole, and Houston's 20 years.

My frustration however is in the fact that Sheila Miller was never charged with anything. She claimed to have been kidnapped. The death row guy and life guy got charged with kidnapping as well but were acquitted. To me that spoke volumes. They got EVERY other thing they were charged with but not on that??? I can't find the article but I recall reading the excuse (I used that word intentionally) the prosecutor used for not charging her. Again from memory her father was able to get a restraining order against her BEFORE the funeral. I just don't see any reason why she shouldn't be charged. I would like to ask the prosecutor "but for"? Mrs. Miller would be alive but for Sheila Miller. So how is she not culpable in some fashion.

Sorry for my rant it just really bothers me for some reason. I was hoping someone may have heard what ever became of Sheila. I'm pretty sure it isn't good what ever it is.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default This blog has some additional information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
Right In Florida: Murder in The Villages-Justice Begins

Did not find anything more current than 2010.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.