2015 survey...indoor pool

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2015, 06:55 AM
Platinum member

I think they will always be projects or activities that will be targeted to a smaller group of folks. An indoor pool is a good example. I am in the group of that would probably not use this type of facility. At the sametime, I am not against it being built as long as it becomes a user supported facility. Much like the fitness centers at the rec centers. With a population of 100,000 one could make the agruement that an indoor pool could be self supporting through user fees.

The next question is where to build the pool. It should not be north of 466. As a resident north of 466, it pains me to say this. But if there is only going to be one indoor pool it has to be centerally located. My suggestion would be some where near the Winn Dixie in LSL.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset72 View Post
I swim at the sports pools daily and have no desire for an indoor pool. I love being outside. The pools are heated so even on a cold day the water is great.
The issue for many people is the sun, not the temperature. You can try to get in the sports pools before the sun is too strong, but there are many other people with the same idea, and it can be difficult getting a lane. Also to consider, there are aerobics classes and water volleyball throughout the day, besides other lap swimmers. In the summer, because the pools are not covered, the water heats up to over 90 degrees. That makes it almost impossible to do a strong aerobic workout in 95 degree air temperature combined with the hot water. They do make water chillers which might help, and big covers that keep the sun off the pool and the swimmers, which could be used in lieu of an indoor pool. I believe the Villages swim team put in a request for pool cover for the Mulberry pool, but was told the chance of that happening was about zilch.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:45 PM

Meeting tomorrow at La Hacienda rec center at 1 to discuss indoor or covered pool. Please tell everyone you know and let 's rock and roll. The date for the meeting is June 26, 2015
Old 06-25-2015, 03:24 PM
Email Reported As Spam

If there are sufficient number of people interested in an indoor pool then I would think they would be interested in floating a bond and signing up members for a fee appropriate.

Because to have amenities fees pay for this indoor pool is going to have people complaining about anything and everything because if its free it is going to be over crowded. I don't know who keeps this indoor pool issue afloat but its a bad idea if public funds are used. Please go private
Old 06-25-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePanda View Post
Meeting tomorrow at La Hacienda rec center at 1 to discuss indoor or covered pool. Please tell everyone you know and let 's rock and roll. The date for the meeting is June 26, 2015

Is this an official meeting with Janet Tutt or an organizational meeting for those supporting an indoor or covered pool?

There is a poll running on the other, not mentionable, online news about covering one of the Pools and it is running 70% against.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The new gym/health club 'To Your Health', under construction on 27/441 across from Oakwood BBQ will have a 60' indoor pool. Here's a photo from their facebook page.

Here's their website A full-service gym in Ocala, FL. | Too Your Health Spas

They are also going to have classes similar to MVP. I believe their membership for a single is only a couple of hundred a year. They might put a little hurt on MVP where membership is $60 a month, maybe that's why MVP had the big Yoga event at LSL yesterday.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 06-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Veteran member

I apologize if I have misunderstood but I thought there had been a covered pool at one time that was closed for lack of use. Was this true or not?
Old 06-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thumbs up 60 foot indoor pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The new gym/health club 'To Your Health', under construction on 27/441 across from Oakwood BBQ will have a 60' indoor pool. Here's a photo from their facebook page.

Here's their website A full-service gym in Ocala, FL. | Too Your Health Spas

They are also going to have classes similar to MVP. I believe their membership for a single is only a couple of hundred a year. They might put a little hurt on MVP where membership is $60 a month, maybe that's why MVP had the big Yoga event at LSL yesterday.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Thanks John W. It looks like a lot of prayers will be answered, and for only $19.95 per month.
And that includes free babysitting!
Old 06-26-2015, 05:19 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
I apologize if I have misunderstood but I thought there had been a covered pool at one time that was closed for lack of use. Was this true or not?
The pool you refer to was located in the Sharon Morse building that once served as the Wellness Center. It had an indoor pool and was used primarily by people with medical needs. The Developer sold the Wellness Center to MVP and the pool was sold to whomever purchase space once belonging to the Wellness Center. MVP is a good addition here because members were granted one general membership which included group participation which about reduced Wellness costs by half.

It would seem to me that an indoor pool should be a private enterprise for those who desire one. It would seem that a public paid pool would draw anyone who wants something for free. a private pool would restrict the number of members to a manageable level
Old 06-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The pool you refer to was located in the Sharon Morse building that once served as the Wellness Center. It had an indoor pool and was used primarily by people with medical needs. The Developer sold the Wellness Center to MVP and the pool was sold to whomever purchase space once belonging to the Wellness Center. MVP is a good addition here because members were granted one general membership which included group participation which about reduced Wellness costs by half.

It would seem to me that an indoor pool should be a private enterprise for those who desire one. It would seem that a public paid pool would draw anyone who wants something for free. a private pool would restrict the number of members to a manageable level
Thanks for the information. Wouldn't a model similar to what is done with the Priority pools work for an indoor pool?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.