$250 tickets given out at Evans Prairie

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default $250 tickets given out at Evans Prairie

Did anybody hear this as factual? Sumter County Deputies were at Evans Prairie dressed as golfers giving out $250.00 tickets for retrieving golf balls in environmental areas. It happen on May 23 according to an email circulating in TV. I am skeptical. In the first place, this is private property. Second, this seems out of "context" for a Sheriff's Deputy job description and duties. If this is true, all I can say is WOW!
Old 05-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i could be very wrong but in order to give out a ticket doesn't the officer have to be in full uniform?
Old 05-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Sage

Deputies disguised as golfers! Does that mean that they were wearing lime green plaid pants and pink shirts? I guess they would have to be wearing grey wigs to be disguised as Villager golfers, too.

Personally, I would love to see Lt. Neimaih Wolfe "disguised as a golfer". He is a very large man - and extremely nice - but the description of "disguised as golfers" has me rolling on the floor.

Please tell me this is a true happening. It is hilarious to think of deputies handing out tickets for hawking balls from environmental areas.

" i could be very wrong but in order to give out a ticket doesn't the officer have to be in full uniform?"

Haven't you heard of undercover officers making arrests? First we had the Mod Squad? Now we have the Plaid Patrol!
Old 05-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
i could be very wrong but in order to give out a ticket doesn't the officer have to be in full uniform?
No. All they need is their badge and to ID themselves as police officers.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:23 PM

While this might be a rumor, I do know for a fact that a Sumter County Sheriff threatened to ticket a young teen age girl for fishing in Lake Miona. It's apparently considered private TV property and she was breaking the FL laws?????
Old 05-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

The story sounds fishy to me. I would think the only people who perform clean up in the enviornmentally protected areas due to spiders snakes and other critters. I'm quite sure the SCSO have their hands full but if they were there it was due to a complaint filed.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

With all due respect, I was most skeptical regarding the Deputies dressed as golfers while they were on duty.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

the gators are behind this, after all one of their own was removed last week
Old 05-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Gold member
Default post

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Did anybody hear this as factual? Sumter County Deputies were at Evans Prairie dressed as golfers giving out $250.00 tickets for retrieving golf balls in environmental areas. It happen on May 23 according to an email circulating in TV. I am skeptical. In the first place, this is private property. Second, this seems out of "context" for a Sheriff's Deputy job description and duties. If this is true, all I can say is WOW!
Since you have so many doubts, why post anything until you find out the facts. The Sheriff's office has no authority enforcing rules governing environmental areas. You yourself, seem to discount any truth to this story.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sumter County Deputies were at Evans Prairie dressed as golfers giving out $250.00 tickets for retrieving golf balls in environmental areas. It happen on May 23 according to an email circulating in TV.
Was this email circulated on April Fools Day? I think someone is pulling your leg.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
absolutely not !
Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyisle View Post
While this might be a rumor, I do know for a fact that a Sumter County Sheriff threatened to ticket a young teen age girl for fishing in Lake Miona. It's apparently considered private TV property and she was breaking the FL laws?????
Its posted No Fishing! How much more does one need to know?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 AM

My sources tell me that a deputy was dressed as a tree and arrested a poodle for urinating in public.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn View Post
My sources tell me that a deputy was dressed as a tree and arrested a poodle for urinating in public.
I heard the same story but he was dressed as a fireplug and arrested a great dane.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.