27 /441 Cart Crossing.

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Mack, if you were turning right and the cart was going straight, YOU were in the wrong, not the golf cart. It had the right of way. You're supposed to wait until it crosses before you make your turn.
Unlicensed golf carts have NO road rights over street vehicles. Golf carts MUST yield right of way to legal street vehicles ALWAYS.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
Unlicensed golf carts have NO road rights over street vehicles. Golf carts MUST yield right of way to legal street vehicles ALWAYS.
If you are close enough to run him over by turning right, how does the cart driver know if you are going to turn. He can't see your signal light if you are next to him. Would you run over a bicycle rider also??? I think not. I agree with Red Witch.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
Could you please provide a link to the law that you are refering to?
Old 03-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
Common sense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
Yes, common sense is what will keep most of us safe and sound. However, Mack specifically stated that street legal vehicles have the right of way over golf carts...”ALWAYS”. And I would like to know what law he is quoting.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Gold member

The crossing approved, is the intersection at the entrance of Spruce Creek South and Sun Trust bank, just after Stonecrest.
It is a very safe crossing, been crossing there for 8 years.
The intersection at McDonalds was not approved, due to congestion.

Last edited by NoMoSno; 03-25-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: ../
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Sage

Once you get across 441/27 from Spruce Creek South to the east side by Sun Trust, can you legally drive your golf cart on the frontage roads to get to Stonecrest, Walmart and points south? Since the west side of the crossing is the controlled entrance gate to Spruce Creek South, is the 441/27 crossing only for Spruce Creek South residents and guests?

Can golf carts legally exit the Spruce Creek South gate near the Urgent Care and access the stores and restaurants by McDonalds/CVS?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Once you get across 441/27 from Spruce Creek South to the east side by Sun Trust, can you legally drive your golf cart on the frontage roads to get to Stonecrest, Walmart and points south?Yes Since the west side of the crossing is the controlled entrance gate to Spruce Creek South, is the 441/27 crossing only for Spruce Creek South residents and guests?No, anyone who wanted to golf can stop at the gate and tell the guards you want to golf and they will let you in.

Can golf carts legally exit the Spruce Creek South gate near the Urgent Care and access the stores and restaurants by McDonalds/CVS?Yes, however you would need a gate remote to get back in through that gate. There is talk of putting an entrance to that plaza without having to enter Spruce Creek.
The residents of Spruce Creek are very happy this has been approved.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I'm hoping once the construction by Lowes and Cracker Barrel is completed and the access road completed thru to the medical buildings the bumpy back trail I nicknamed the Mohave trek will go bye bye!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Sage

How come there are two "Spruce Creek" developments within 5 miles of each other?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I'm hoping once the construction by Lowes and Cracker Barrel is completed and the access road completed thru to the medical buildings the bumpy back trail I nicknamed the Mohave trek will go bye bye!

I named it the Ho Chi Minh Trail. When the construction is complete south of Lowe's there will be a paved cart path and when Walmart and Progress Energy come to terms that portion will also be improved.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Paving the Aldi's to Walmart trail would also be nice. From what I heard, Walmart and Progress Energy are still discussing the use of that trail.

Last edited by NoMoSno; 03-25-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: .
Old 03-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
How come there are two "Spruce Creek" developments within 5 miles of each other?

At one time the same developer owned both developments. Spruce Creek Dell Web was sold several years ago.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
If you are close enough to run him over by turning right, how does the cart driver know if you are going to turn. He can't see your signal light if you are next to him. Would you run over a bicycle rider also??? I think not. I agree with Red Witch.
Of course I'm not going to run somebody over who's side-by-side with me and can't see. I'm talking about when I put on my turn signal (an item RARELY used in TV) and a cart then speeds up trying to beat me to the turn so that he won't be inconvenienced.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
Golf carts are NOT road vehicles and thus do not have "road rights". Better idea...YOU show me the passage in the FL-DMV laws that says golf carts have equal road rights with licensed, insured vehicles.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.