2nd Wave??

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2020, 08:23 AM

So basically all other viruses and disease no longer exist. You just listed symptoms for every other virus and disease out there but called it Covid. All least that’s not fear mongering....oh wait, that’s exactly what it is. People keep listing numbers of Covid but fail to realize these numbers include a multitude of other viruses and diseases, that they are just putting under the Covid umbrella. Get out and live life sheesh.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:28 AM

Not the end of the world for most, but for those who get it it is the end of the world. Most people I meet are going to continue going out because "they won't get it" that's what the dead people thought alos.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Also wanted to add that Sweden probably has many more deaths per capita than reported because they chose to not test or treat people over a certain body mass or 80 years of age when their medical system was overwhelmed. This is a fantastic article from science mag about Sweden's herd immunity experiment. ‘It’s been so, so surreal.’ Critics of Sweden’s lax pandemic policies face fierce backlash | Science | AAAS

until EVERY nation counts the # of covid-19 cases and deaths the exact same way, (and honestly reports their information) comparing the USA's data to any other country is extremely suspect (and for that matter there is no guarantee that every state, county within the US is using the exact same approach)

this pandemic is far from over

it's not that difficult to figure out what to do

like the Nike commercial said, 'just do it'
Old 10-16-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
A lot of people wearing mask religiously are getting Covid. What exactly do we do? Most get over it just fine and some don’t. I will not hibernate inside! I will take precautions but I’m living life. I will not be driving a vehicle alone n wear a mask. If I’m outside keeping a distance, I will live life like always. If someone is sneezing away like crazy or coughing their heads off then I will politely get away from them. If your sick stay away from people. Flu n cold season is around the corner, this will get interesting. Science and doctors told us all kinds of things: When warm summer comes this was going away. Nobody remembers half of what they told us because they flip-flop on everything. I can’t keep up with all the experts, and the differing opinions. If some mask don’t work then why are they so popular everywhere? In spite of everything life is good! If we shut the television off, life gets better The news 24/7 is driving some absolutely crazy! Don’t believe the ... (nonsense).
The mask is to protect others, not themselves. My neighbor stated some study he heard that 75% of the people getting covid wore masks. I said that's because they got it from the people who WERE NOT wearing masks.

For every study, there seems to be another study pointing to the opposite. I go with the first one I read that put the infection rate much lower if everyone wore masks when not social distancing.

I applaud Publix and Fresh Market for their mask requirements.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:06 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonalChoice View Post
Who would spend millions of dollars to prove that inexpensive supplements can boost the immune system and possibly prevent disease? The pharmaceutical companies won't fund these trials.
The supplement manufacturers? It is a billion dollar industry.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Based on Fauci's record, you should listen to every word he says. Even the country's leading expert cannot know the unknown
This is so true. This demon of a virus is totally new and even the most knowledgeable of the words scientist's are still learning new things about it.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Tell that to the person who's spouse was one of the .05%
There are many many ways to die. And we all will one day. We can choose to fear them all or choose to live life until that day finally arrives.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Cases are increasing again. Is it because of the second wave? Or is it just because more and more people are getting tested? My own thoughts are probably a combination of more people getting back to work and school and obviously getting exposed, and more test results. But for some people it is fatal; the percentages are very very almost extremely low.
I do wash my hands often (but always did), and wear a mask in any store that requires it, but other than that, I don't wear one. I also stay away from large indoor crowds. Other than that, I figure that if I get it, then I get it. Will I die from it? I hardly think so. But then again, I'm going to die from something, someday.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Our number of cases doesn't look good today. Looks like it is not going away and scientists were correct in our getting a second wave of virus.
I am hunkering down as I have been since start. There will be a lot less Villagers if everybody thinks it is over.

If the doctors and hospitals treat it, there would be far fewer deaths. There are only giving Tylenol, vita Miya day O2 when needed. An antibiotic, steroids, and Remdisivir are needed at the get go.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
Cases are increasing again. Is it because of the second wave? Or is it just because more and more people are getting tested? My own thoughts are probably a combination of more people getting back to work and school and obviously getting exposed, and more test results. But for some people it is fatal; the percentages are very very almost extremely low.
I do wash my hands often (but always did), and wear a mask in any store that requires it, but other than that, I don't wear one. I also stay away from large indoor crowds. Other than that, I figure that if I get it, then I get it. Will I die from it? I hardly think so. But then again, I'm going to die from something, someday.
Your summary echo's many thoughts of many people. Couple that with the pause of testing on vaccines. I had been hanging on to the hope for a vaccine that would at least diminish some of the risk of Covid-19 by November or December, but last night's National News seems to push that hope back a couple of months.

What I miss the most is painting in the art room at Laurel Manor regional rec center. About now snowbirds would begin joining our group again. The group has some amazingly gifted artists and watching what appears on their canvases is a joy all it's own.

The art class is there and I am sure people are there too. I try to remember that these are choices and I prefer to not risk groups just yet.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:33 AM

Going away??? What planet do you live on? This is a highly contagious man-made deadly virus. Get used to living with it. Everyone will get it. 99.5% of people will survive. Those obese or already sick will die. Man cannot change that, not even with a vaccine.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:38 AM

What do you tell the person who’s spouse died of suicide, depression, or any of the many consequences of “hunkering down”z?
Old 10-16-2020, 10:00 AM

My goodness a person I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH! Thanks for taking the time to inject some sense into all this!
Old 10-16-2020, 10:00 AM

Not to be rude but none of us live forever. It just seems like forever when you aren’t enjoying life.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:05 AM

Amend
Closed Thread

Tags
wave, start, hunkering, 2nd, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.