Is 42 to young to dream about TV?

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Default Is 42 to young to dream about TV?

I found this site last winter while trying to escape the doldrums of the North Central PA winters. I would find myself at work, checking the temperature at Lady Lake on the weather channel web site and dreaming of being there. I would read the posts about TV and think about what I would like to do when I actually get there. As my user name suggests, I have 18 years before my retirement. 18 more winters before I can spend my winters somewhere warmer. I hope I can last that long!!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Sage

18togo,

Your never too young or too old to dream, its what keeps us going.Now you have something to really look forward to and you can visit periodically.

Sure hope the next 18 years goes fast for you, on the other hand, slow for me.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18togo View Post
I found this site last winter while trying to escape the doldrums of the North Central PA winters. I would find myself at work, checking the temperature at Lady Lake on the weather channel web site and dreaming of being there. I would read the posts about TV and think about what I would like to do when I actually get there. As my user name suggests, I have 18 years before my retirement. 18 more winters before I can spend my winters somewhere warmer. I hope I can last that long!!
Is 42 too young...........?
IMHO, Hel. yes.

You want to move south? Do it. Get warm. Save your money for retirement and when you turn 55, look into TV.

If I were 42 again I would not be thinking of TV. I will be moving to TV very soon but I'm not 42.........sigh.

Have fun. Move to a warmer area if it is for you. Enjoy life and work. Have fun. Plan for TV.

Yoda

Not 42 any more
Old 07-15-2009, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Yes it is. I think that you need to make now as happy as you can. Eighteen years is a long time to feel like you are missing something. In order to have our dream of retirement we had to work and save. Try working and saving and being as happy now as you can. Take a class. Join a club or church. Hang out with nice people who make you smile. Don't waste this wonderful day dreaming about a day far in the future. It will come.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yes it is. I think that you need to make now as happy as you can. Eighteen years is a long time to feel like you are missing something. In order to have our dream of retirement we had to work and save. Try working and saving and being as happy now as you can. Take a class. Join a club or church. Hang out with nice people who make you smile. Don't waste this wonderful day dreaming about a day far in the future. It will come.
I agree with graciegirl....
Old 07-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Eternal Member
Default Gracie's right

I too agree with Gracie. Plan for tomorrow. Especially important today, have a good savings plan. Take care of yourself physically, emotionally, and morally. You just never know what's coming and when. And when it does come, you'll look back and wonder where the years went, you won't believe that 10 or 15 or 20 years could have passed so quickly. But as Gracie says, think about tomorrow but live in today. Enjoy life. Take big bite. Take advantage of opportunities you may never have again. In my life, I've my share of regrets, but few of them are about something I did. The vast majority are regrets about not doing something I could have done.

`
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You can dream all you want but when I was 42 I certainly dreamed (some may call it fantasized) about things other than a place to retire to...it was a more "active" activity!!

The other thing I would say even for those closer to retirement..donot wish for something that will come fast enough...enjoy your time now and make the most of it. Im sure in 18 years things many things will change, and there will be a new perspective on retirement than we know it today in "The Villages"...but I have to say for the post-55 group, TODAY we could not have found a better place than where we are NOW.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Platinum member

This looks like one of those threads the Talk Hosts start to get folks thinking about the basics or just to have fun.

But if it's really from a first time poster I'll congratulate you. So far your question has elicited some of the more thought provoking comments seen on this website lately. I've really enjoyed reading them. In fact, for a minute I thought I was in church.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:01 PM

I think I was right around 42 when I first sent for information on TV.
It came as a VHS tape so I might have even been younger. When we closed on our new home in Hemmingway last september I was 51 so I don't think 42 is to young at all to start looking for places. I was a subsciber to the magazine Where TO Retire for at least the last 10 years.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by under55 View Post
I think I was right around 42 when I first sent for information on TV.
It came as a VHS tape so I might have even been younger. When we closed on our new home in Hemmingway last september I was 51 so I don't think 42 is to young at all to start looking for places. I was a subsciber to the magazine Where TO Retire for at least the last 10 years.
I was looking at "Where to Retire" at the bookstore because they had the best 100 places to retire..I was disappointed that TV was not on the list. Hilton Head Sun City made it though.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member

TV is NOt an advertiser in "Where to Retire" and that is the only reason why it would not make the list...."Where to Retire" is no Consumer Reports of Retirement locations.....its all advertisements and supported by sponsors!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.