$5 mil for Golf ball damage

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2022, 02:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
Played that course a few times but I have a slice and the house is on the left so I can honestly say "I didn't do it"
it looks like a pretty course. Is it a nice course to play?
Old 04-28-2022, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
Guess I always thought about like buying a house by the airport and complaining about the noise.
……or the Turnpike.
Old 04-28-2022, 09:19 PM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default So much for the friendliest place in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
That’s correct the Boston globe story was a little more extensive, they asked the course to help do something about it and they got no response, it wasn’t till they took court action did the course take notice , I thought of posting this story , but figured everyone would gang up on the home owners, in other wacky golf news a 70 year old guy in south Florida riding in his golf cart saw a dog owner walking near the edge of course , he started arguing with dog owner then pulled a gun and starring shooting as the man started running out to 15th hole hitting the man in leg , out of bullets he went back to his cart grabbed a club and started to hit the wounded dog walker , folks you just can’t make things like this up lol
That why I don't golf
Old 04-29-2022, 08:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

When people buy a home on a golf course they should know golf balls will very often hit your home. I don’t blame the golfer, if they hit a ball straight all the time they would be playing on the pro tour. I say why did you buy a home on the golf course, to show people that I have enough money to buy there. Don’t want to sound rude but, MOVE. You spent more money to buy there so move or put up a 50 ft. screen to protect your home but don’t blame the golfer. Also if you don’t want golfers to come in your yard to get their ball, MOVE! Golf course homes are nice but this is one of the headaches. You bought there & all you did is make enemies!
Old 04-29-2022, 09:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

If you read the more complete article it states the owner of the golf course is also the developer of the homes. Seems like the golf course owner didn't properly follow the laws up there in regards to golf courses and houses on the course.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston-Sean View Post
A few years ago someone bought a house near an outdoor gun range south of Boston and did just that.

They kind of had a point though. Their house got hit a couple times with wild ricochets. They forced the club to shut down the range. Can't say that I blame them. It took a couple years but the outdoor range was re-built to NRA specs and reopened after it passed inspections.
These issues are common. The family that does those amazing fireworks for the Macys parade were on Long Island for years. People built homes around them and then forced them to move. A hog farm. It STINKS, for people who build a home near a hog farm and then claim it stinks? We have the rail road, others the prison, an amusement park etc etc etc
Old 05-02-2022, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I just waiting for someone to blame the Morse's
Ok, I’ll blame them
Old 05-02-2022, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
When people buy a home on a golf course they should know golf balls will very often hit your home. I don’t blame the golfer, if they hit a ball straight all the time they would be playing on the pro tour. I say why did you buy a home on the golf course, to show people that I have enough money to buy there. Don’t want to sound rude but, MOVE. You spent more money to buy there so move or put up a 50 ft. screen to protect your home but don’t blame the golfer. Also if you don’t want golfers to come in your yard to get their ball, MOVE! Golf course homes are nice but this is one of the headaches. You bought there & all you did is make enemies!
I blame the golfers, they elected to hit the ball, it didn’t go where they was aiming . Would be same it I was driving car I let it veer cross center line hit somebody. I had control, but didn’t concentrate enough to keep in my lane.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:27 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston-Sean View Post
No word on what the "solution" is. Other than fattening the homeowners bank account.

Massachusetts family awarded $5M for golf ball damage to home
Will never be paid.

Tags
solution, account, bank, homeowners, fattening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.