$50,000 Discounts

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
It has been my observation that Zillow does not have a good "handle" on TV properties. As we know, TV is a unique place, I would trust one of the local real estate agents before counting on Zillow for what your home might be worth in TV or elsewhere.

County records are a very good source for trends in Real Estate. As it has been said many times, ALL REAL ESTATE IS LOCAL.
justjim, you are undoubtedly right. Zillow emails me whenever there is a change in my home value. I don't actively go to their sight anymore.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Veteran member

We started to look at pre-owned and quickly came to the conclusion for the most part they are over priced. Will look at new next week for the most part.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
We started to look at pre-owned and quickly came to the conclusion for the most part they are over priced. Will look at new next week for the most part.
When you look at new homes be sure to add in the thousands of dollars it is going to cost to make it look like home. TV sells pretty bare bones cause they can so most folks come in and easily spend a chunk of change to enhance their homes. New vs pre-owned is not apples to apples.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
A discount on certain homes is not new for The Villages. Many times the homes are discounted to complete a street or a Village, other times it might be for inventory purposes.

One thing for sure, they know what they are doing and their marketing is A plus!
I believe you hit the nail on the head!!!!

Some people might want to take advantage of a good deal, when it is offered.

You can always sell after a year and make an instant 50K profit!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
When you look at new homes be sure to add in the thousands of dollars it is going to cost to make it look like home. TV sells pretty bare bones cause they can so most folks come in and easily spend a chunk of change to enhance their homes. New vs pre-owned is not apples to apples.
Absolutely.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
A discount on certain homes is not new for The Villages. Many times the homes are discounted to complete a street or a Village, other times it might be for inventory purposes.

One thing for sure, they know what they are doing and their marketing is A plus!
I believe you hit the nail on the head!!!!

Some people might want to take advantage of a good deal, when it is offered.

You can always sell after a year and make an instant 50K profit!!!

Old 06-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
So true as I am a few pennies into making my home, my own. I bought a pre-owned home!!!!

I'm sure it would be the same if I had bought a new home!!!

Old 06-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
justjim, you are undoubtedly right. Zillow emails me whenever there is a change in my home value. I don't actively go to their sight anymore.
Zillow had our waterfront condo in MI listed as being across the street (no water), two stories as opposed to three, and half the square footage. They had the build date right but the sale price wrong. The condo across the street wasn't even a pipe dream when we built our condo, and Zillow's mistakes about our condo didn't even fit the condo across the street when it was built ten years later. Anybody trusting Zillow on that piece of property would have come in with a laughable low-ball offer.

It sold to the first buyer at asking price. Don't trust Zillow.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Absolutely.
Exactly! We bought pre-owned, & it included the washer & dryer, blinds over all windows and lots of storage cabinets in the garage. That alone was worth several thousand dollars.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

We like new.

I enjoy watching house flips too on the television and making any house one's own. I personally don't like the work of sometimes removing wallpaper and other peoples choices that I don't like... and the expensive things like removing tile.

I know many of our friends don't agree and have chosen WONDERFUL homes here in established neighborhoods and put their own personal stamp on them and made them into their own beautiful, perfect showplace.

Anything advertised as a sale is a marketing ploy and I have enjoyed watching the villages do it for all kinds of reasons. Truth is that any home is going to sell for what someone wants to pay for it.

Marketing ploys are not scams. I think the developer works with a good business plan and has a view as to how long he wants to hold a property. Money is time and time is money.

He know hows to build 'em and how to sell 'em.

I don't work for the developer. Just a huge fan.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:41 AM

sometimes the price in a sale of a pre-owned home is set to recover the cost of the bond that burdens the house. I wonder if the sale history of a house such as the county records indicates that the cost of the house was not only the selling price but also the multi-thousand dollar bond that the obligates the owner?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
sometimes the price in a sale of a pre-owned home is set to recover the cost of the bond that burdens the house. I wonder if the sale history of a house such as the county records indicates that the cost of the house was not only the selling price but also the multi-thousand dollar bond that the obligates the owner?
This would only be the case if the homeowner paid off the bond. Otherwise, the bond is assumed by the new buyer, and not included in the asking price, or recorded sale price of the home.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectreron View Post
Page A2 of today's Daily Sun shows several new homes with $50,000 discounts. I think prices got ahead of themselves!
Quote:

But who wouldn't be upset if they bought a new house a week before these discounts were offered?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:31 PM

well said "the prices got ahold of themselves"

In the patio villas here in Buttonwood all neighbors were thrilled and continue to be thrilled that their homes are worth 185K
We put ours on the market last month. We are what you might call motivated sellers.
So we listed it for 175K plenty of views but no offers.
I discussed dropping the price and one or two neighbors were actually upset that we would do that. (I guess it reflects on their net worth?) Who knows.
So last night we went to the GIS maps of Buttonwood Villas and found out how much the homes are actually selling for. WHAT THEY SOLD FOR in the last six months.
Now our home. Our spotless perfect home is now for sale for 165K firm.

There is a cult mentality about believing the BS here. A house is worth what THEY SELL FOR not what you hoped it was worth.
Can't wait to see the reaction from a few neighbors when I sell it (if we can for 165K)

I blame the press here and the real estate world here (some of them) and more the residents who blindly believe what they heard during a game of pickle ball.
Hopefully this is helpful to those who are considering selling and buying. GIS maps of the county.
NG
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.