50 neighbors

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2019, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I was wondering how the fines worked and who had to pay them. Just Incase someone disliked the things in my flower bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Since you are not aware of the rule/regs re deed compliance, perhaps these websites will provide that info for you:

https://www.districtgov.org/departme...andardsFAQ.pdf

VCDD Community Standards

VCDD Community Standards
These are links to good information...... information people should read before buying.

And if you are not sure Velvet you live in District 6 or you own in District 6.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Thank you for all the information. I did not get the deed restriction til about 2 months after closing... but my relatives lived in different parts of TV for 30 years before they passed away. Never had a problem they thought was worth mentioning about lawn ornaments.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Next thing ya know someone will want to put an addition on there garage
Old 09-14-2019, 01:40 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Thank you for all the information. I did not get the deed restriction til about 2 months after closing... but my relatives lived in different parts of TV for 30 years before they passed away. Never had a problem they thought was worth mentioning about lawn ornaments.
Dunno know where your relatives lived - but - there are no deed restrictions on the properties in the Historic Villages - Country Club Hills, Orange Blossom Gardens and Silver Lake. Folks can display to their hearts content - and they do! lol

Old 09-14-2019, 01:54 PM
Sage

One lived in the historic area and the other lived in district 1. I think they weren’t big into displays anyways.

I was interested in this thread because the person I bought from had dementia and left 2 small items in the front for bed; a weathervane among the bushes so small you can’t see, and a planter, then one more empty planter at the back. I thought they’d take them before closing but they just left them and I closed remotely. And someone stole a bush from the front, and a brick, they could have taken the planters....

Last edited by Velvet; 09-14-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
One lived in the historic area and the other lived in district 1. I think they weren’t big into displays anyways.

I was interested in this thread because the person I bought from had dementia and left 2 small items in the front for bed; a weathervane among the bushes so small you can’t see, and a planter, then one more empty planter at the back. I thought they’d take them before closing but they just left them and I closed remotely. And someone stole a bush from the front, and a brick, they could have taken the planters....
Do you think the person that stole a bush and a brick is the same woman who is driving a red cart and reporting deed restrictions? And yes, I am kidding.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Sage

I would have given her a tip if she also took the planters.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

I just find it sad that these people have nothing better to do with themselves than drive around looking for violations. How pathetic.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:43 PM

if they are breaking the rules ,then they need to b reported....
Old 09-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
I just find it sad that these people have nothing better to do with themselves than drive around looking for violations. How pathetic.
I think she gets off on nosing around and causing grief for as many strangers as she can.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-14-2019, 02:50 PM

hey chillibean, this person is doing a gr8 service to the villages,rock on ,keep it looking like it should....
Old 09-14-2019, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,514 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Perhaps a solution to the "troll" problem would be to only allow deeded Villages homeowners to make deed violation complaints on homes that lie within a small radius around their own home. I think that would be more in line with the intent of the current system of having the deed restrictions policed by the members of ones neighborhood.
That would still require that Community Standards knows WHO is making the complaint.

That's why I feel that one criteria alone can solve a LOT of problems. Complaint-makers should be required to identify themselves to Community Standards.

They don't have to identify themselves to anyone else, and CS shouldn't have to identify them to anyone either. The buck stops with CS.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
I completely disagree with you Gracie this is a spiteful mean action and is not a public service, just one persons vendetta against everyone for a personal reason!
Totally agree ridiculous. I believe that only people in that neighborhood should be able to complain otherwise mind your own business.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
That would still require that Community Standards knows WHO is making the complaint.

That's why I feel that one criteria alone can solve a LOT of problems. Complaint-makers should be required to identify themselves to Community Standards.

They don't have to identify themselves to anyone else, and CS shouldn't have to identify them to anyone either. The buck stops with CS.
I don't know if that is how it is or not. I have identified myself when I made the call. However, what you seem to think is that there is process to change the procedure. There isn't.

Should is a word with many applications; what does the word "should mean - Bing
Old 09-14-2019, 03:37 PM

Agree with patfla06. Just follow the deed restrictions. Nothing to worry about, they can report all they like. Seems like a lot of talk trying to reflect the wrong in the wrong direction. You are in compliance with your deed restrictions or you are not. If you want them changed follow the process, don't just stick something in your yard and complain about someone reporting or using the excuse my neighbors like "it", or my neighbors do "it". Get a Life......
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Closed Thread

Tags
mental, issue, vendetta, personal, tracks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.