$50 Temporary Resident ID

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:16 PM

Jean Ricciuto's statement is incorrect (perhaps because she wishes to rent out her property?). Any Villager can get anyone a guest pass as long as the guest does not reside in Sumter, Lake, or Marion County!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:41 PM

It's possible the owner is trying to avoid reporting the rental and paying the 9% State/County TAX that is applicable on any private home rental of less than 6 months. This is a tax designed to "protect hotels from competition." some landlords ignore it and pretend to not know about it, which is no excuse. Obtaining the temporary ID and collecting the $50.00 for the Villages is the appropriate and legal way to go. I'm aware of two friends who were ignorant of the law, rented their houses short term, and were forced to pay up by the state. The state apparently communicates with TV regarding rentals and a review of the temporary ID's makes it very simple to prove the rental took place. Not a good idea to try to beat the "system". I agree that something is strange with this deal.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:42 PM
Sage
Default Good news

Good news -- the landlord sent me an email earlier today, and he is going to get a guest ID for me, so all is good. For all those who offered to get me a visitor's pass, thank you so much! This is why I want to move to TV someday... to live amongst the generous and friendly people who call The Villages home! Villagers rock!
Old 08-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
Jean Ricciuto's statement is incorrect (perhaps because she wishes to rent out her property?). Any Villager can get anyone a guest pass as long as the guest does not reside in Sumter, Lake, or Marion County!!!
Here's a question -- is there a limit on how many guest passes (not the temporary $50 ID) that an owner can give out during a year as long as the guests do not reside in Sumter, Lake or Marion County?

Let's say an owner has lots of family and friends visiting for short periods of time throughout the year. Can the owner get 5 guest passes one month, then those guests go home, then get 6 more guest passes a couple of months after that, then those 6 go home, then get 3 more guest passes a month later, etc., etc.,?
Old 08-09-2017, 09:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverobertson2000 View Post
i believe for the owmer to get you a temporary resident id he has to surrender his id
We had a rental, surrendered the ID that came with the house and we paid the $50 to get Id's for temporary tenants. One couple rented and said they didn't play golf so we got a guest pass for each of them. They couldn't go to the shows without paying extra so we got them a temporary ID.

As for your question about the number of guest passes.....as far as I know, there is no limit. We have had so much company (in our own home) in the winter with people sleeping on the couch, blow-up mattresses, a chaise lounge and a queen size bed. Nothing was ever said when I got 6 guests passes at a time and went the next week and got 4 for 2 months. They were going to be here for 2 weeks and then were going further south for a month and then come back for 2 weeks.

Last edited by big guy; 08-09-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
guest, $50, pass, temporary, resident

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.