80/20 rule

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

This Act may be cited as the ``Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995.
SEC. 2. DEFINITION OF HOUSING FOR OLDER PERSONS.
Section 807(b)(2)(C) of the Fair Housing Act (42 U.S.C. 3607(b)(2)(C)) is amended to read as follows:
(C) intended and operated for occupancy by persons 55 years of age or older, and--
(i) at least 80 percent of the occupied units are occupied by at least one person who is 55 years of age or older
(ii) the housing facility or community publishes and adheres to policies and procedures that demonstrate the intent required under this subparagraph; and
(iii) the housing facility or community complies with rules issued by the Secretary for verification of occupancy, which shall--
(I) provide for verification by reliable surveys and affidavits; and
(II) include examples of the types of policies and procedures relevant to a determination of compliance with the requirement of clause (ii). Such surveys and affidavits shall be admissible in administrative and judicial
proceedings for the purposes of such verification.

Please note above there is no mention of ownership. The 80/20 rule is based on occupancy.

Also note there is a provision that could require a survey.

This is not a situation to be trifled with. We should all read and understand the act. Do not rely on the numerous interpretations (many erroneous) you read here.

Losing our status as HOUSING FOR OLDER PERSONS would create a serious situation to say the least.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Default 20%

Why do people need to find things to worry about?

Smell the palm trees. Enjoy the lifestyle in TV.

I know, lets worry about things we can really do something about like the National Debt.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
This Act may be cited as the ``Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995.
SEC. 2. DEFINITION OF HOUSING FOR OLDER PERSONS.
Section 807(b)(2)(C) of the Fair Housing Act (42 U.S.C. 3607(b)(2)(C)) is amended to read as follows:
(C) intended and operated for occupancy by persons 55 years of age or older, and--
(i) at least 80 percent of the occupied units are occupied by at least one person who is 55 years of age or older
(ii) the housing facility or community publishes and adheres to policies and procedures that demonstrate the intent required under this subparagraph; and
(iii) the housing facility or community complies with rules issued by the Secretary for verification of occupancy, which shall--
(I) provide for verification by reliable surveys and affidavits; and
(II) include examples of the types of policies and procedures relevant to a determination of compliance with the requirement of clause (ii). Such surveys and affidavits shall be admissible in administrative and judicial
proceedings for the purposes of such verification.

Please note above there is no mention of ownership. The 80/20 rule is based on occupancy.

Also note there is a provision that could require a survey.

This is not a situation to be trifled with. We should all read and understand the act. Do not rely on the numerous interpretations (many erroneous) you read here.

Losing our status as HOUSING FOR OLDER PERSONS would create a serious situation to say the least.
I'm sorry, I did not state it correctly and you are right. If it were 'ownership' then the rule wouldn't apply to apartments..mea culpa. Thanks for pointing it out.

Trish
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.