9 year old driving a golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Platinum member
Angry

Old 07-11-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
From an unnamed news source. A grandmother allowed her 9 year old granddaughter to drive the golf cart with grandmother in the cart. An accident happened with the 9 year old driving. The cart rolled over and grandmother injured and rushed to the hospital.
Please everyone, don't let children drive golf carts!
Common sense is like deodorant, those that need it most don't use it! I don't blame the 9 yr old, I blame the moron that let her drive the golf cart! Imagine how traumatized that child would be if she killed someone?
Old 07-12-2022, 07:56 AM

granny should be arrested as well as anyone letting someone underage drive anything.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcole View Post
You both are technically right!

A moving traffic violation or ticket just means you have been cited for the speeding offense while a conviction means you have been found guilty of the speeding violation.

When you receive a ticket you have the option of pleading guilty (paying the imposed fine) & being convicted or fighting the citation in court. Once convicted of the speeding offense, it then is placed on your driving record.
Thank you for the clarification.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneysblue View Post
First of all I hope she will be alright. That being said, my grandson who is 9 years old has been driving golf carts and gators since he was 6 or 7 years old around the homestead and at the baseball field helping his Dad who was the varsity baseball coach. He would haul materials and drag the field or what ever was needed to be done. I say this because he asked me the other day if he could drive the golf cart and without hesitation I said no and explained it to him. He was disappointed, but understood. "No" is something children need to hear nowadays.
Bravo!!!!
Old 07-12-2022, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFox View Post
According the Sumter County Sheriff's department golf car safety course. The child will get 3 points against her future license and won't be able to get said license until she is 21. Way To Go! Grandma!
BTW FL reports to all other states so even if the child isn't a FL resident it will follow her.
21? Seriously? Yikes! If all grandparents knew this, they would surely not allow their grandkids drive a golf cart on our roads and MM Paths here.

Tags
cart, grandmother, golf, year, drive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.