ABBA Tribute show

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2023, 03:40 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethetennisplayer View Post
We also attended and had a great time. They got the crowd involved singing and dancing, and the performers were extremely talented. We will go back again next year.
And that is why i am leary about going to a comcert here. I go to hear the performers…not to hear someone singing behind me.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:53 PM

It's like the musicians thought old folks fell asleep after an hour.
Old 05-14-2023, 05:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
And that is why i am leary about going to a comcert here. I go to hear the performers…not to hear someone singing behind me.
So true. About 6 months ago we went to a Beatles tribute show at Savannah. Just before it started, a single lady sat down next to me, happily said “I hope you don’t mind if I sing along would you”? I replied “actually I would, we paid to hear THEM perform”. I think she was shocked and kept pretty quiet. After the intermission she was in another seat/ area.
Old 05-14-2023, 08:52 PM

I, too, was a bit surprised they only went 70-75mins? But, I also know they did back-to-back performances, so that would've been a bit taxing? So, I'll give them a break. They probably thought the old folks in the audience couldn't last that long, anyway?
Old 05-14-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
We were there and agree with you, it was a short show.
They were talented but didn't sing Super Trooper, I Do I Do, and Does Your Mother know, plus a few others.
The 7pm show was great and ran 85 minutes.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:13 AM

Agree. We always sit in the mezzanine where the seats are comfortable, not folding chairs.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycereal View Post
We liked "Does Your Mother Know" when we heard it on the radio back in the day. Have never heard it since. Would've liked to see the show.

On another concert subject, I hear the Spazmatics played here in Brownwood and I just missed them. Hoping to see them when they come back. The shows they put on in Vegas were very entertaining and funny. Are they jokesters here too? When I invited visitors to see them in Vegas they really enjoyed the shows and said they would come back with other friends. I understand that they're a franchise though so different guys.

Now back to ABBA.
If you want to know where they will play next, here's their website:

The Hooligans Music Store
Closed Thread

Tags
show, abba, tribute, minutes, total

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.