AC cost estimates

Old 04-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Default AC cost estimates

We are looking to buy a home in The Villages, and I am trying to get a good electricity cost estimate. I realize there are a lot of variables but based on the house we are looking at does anyone have a fair estimate of what the bills will be?

Sunflower model 2021 - 1900 sq. ft.
Keeping AC at 70 on average. We would be gone during the summer months so the AC would be set at 80 during that time.

The dryer would be gas so that would not be included.

I know there are a lot of other variables, but I think the ones above are the major ones. Based on this does anyone have what they believe the electric costs would be during non-summer months and also during summer months when we would be gone?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. This is not going to make or break the purchase but I would like to be prepared for what to expect if we do finalize the deal.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,799 Times in 1,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTrunner View Post
We are looking to buy a home in The Villages, and I am trying to get a good electricity cost estimate. I realize there are a lot of variables but based on the house we are looking at does anyone have a fair estimate of what the bills will be?

Sunflower model 2021 - 1900 sq. ft.
Keeping AC at 70 on average. We would be gone during the summer months so the AC would be set at 80 during that time.

The dryer would be gas so that would not be included.

I know there are a lot of other variables, but I think the ones above are the major ones. Based on this does anyone have what they believe the electric costs would be during non-summer months and also during summer months when we would be gone?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. This is not going to make or break the purchase but I would like to be prepared for what to expect if we do finalize the deal.
We average about $120/mo.

Full time resident, 5 yo home, we have A SPA.

Cooling set to 78, heating 68.

Heating is via a heat pump.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7658.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	103779  
Old 04-20-2024, 04:21 PM
Platinum member

We are 1500 sq feet. In the summer the average is around $225. For the year, the average is around$150. I think you will find for both A/C and heat 70 is to low. Your home will be quite comfortable with a range of 73 - 76 degrees.
Old 04-20-2024, 04:38 PM

I have a new home a little over 2000 sq ft. Electricity bill was $58 for October when I wasn't here. I think I set the thermostat at 82, but cooling to 73/74 for 2 hours in the early morning, as recommended by my HVAC company.

When I'm here, cooling comes on at 77 degrees and the electric cost has ranged from $85 to $125 in the winter months. I do use the heat when it gets cold, so my winter bill is probably a little higher than for people who don't turn on the heat.

My previous Villages home had a pool and that used electricity like crazy, even just for the pump. In the summer, I used 1600kWh for that house. Each kWh costs about 14 cents.
Old 04-20-2024, 05:02 PM

We only have two full months of experience so far. House is 1,938 sq. feet and a/c is typically set between 75-77. Both of these months our bill was $110. We have SECO. We have an electric dryer and hot water heater. Not sure if this is good, bad or somewhere in between, but it is a LOT less than our bill would be in CT.

Tags
months, cost, summer, based, variables

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.