ACL and meniscus tear

Old 03-27-2024, 03:08 PM
Default ACL and meniscus tear

I have a complete tear of my ACL and tear of my meniscus. Looking for a recommendation for a doctor that does this repair. Thank You
Old 03-27-2024, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltwl View Post
I have a complete tear of my ACL and tear of my meniscus. Looking for a recommendation for a doctor that does this repair. Thank You
Major bummer, I feel your pain. Did the triad (ACL, MCL, and medial meniscus) on my knee playing basketball 28 years ago and it was life changing. Wish I could recommend a good local orthopedic surgeon to you. Get the ACL reconstructed if you wish to remain very active or you will have an unstable knee and eventually need a replacement. My knee was reconstructed with a patella graft, but my understanding is that it’s standard to use a hamstring graft these days. Best of luck.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:47 PM
Default Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltwl View Post
I had meniscus surgery in 2020 by Dr Kevin Farmer at University of Florida Medical in Gainsville. I would highly recommend him.

Tags
tear, acl, meniscus, repair, doctor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.