In addition to the Villages, where else did you look to settle.

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: In addition to the Villages, where else did you look to settle.

I looked at North Carolina, did a tour of Aiken SC and Myrtle Beach,
Looked around Charleston and Monk's Corner, Ga. Did the Plantation and the various Lennar setups and looked at Spanish Springs (manufactured homes). We had an appointment for TV without the 3 day promo because they did not have accommodations we wanted. The wife fell in love with the Amarillo ranch model. The next day was the $1000 down. Since it was her birthday, I used it as the birthday present. And the rest is history. Six years in paradise. I still have to pinch myself occasionally to make sure it is not a dream.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: In addition to the Villages, where else did you look to settle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07
diskman larry.... summers here in TV are very bearable, if you are used to deep South or East Coast; longtimers tell me this is one of the hottest summers they can recall...lots of days with 95-97 degrees. I had always thought the temps stayed at 92-94, with little variation. Even with that, I'm out and about at all times of the day...play tennis (on soft clay courts) from 1130-130 and it's quite tolerable (now that I am used to it). It doesn't feel as nasty as the heat and humidity in the DC area....most days, the humidity goes below 50%, the clouds increase, and a breeze stirs by 11:30; The other great thing about this area is code GREEN air quality every day...in DC, during the summer, it was at least code Yellow (if not Orange) for most of the summer. Mornings and evenings here are gorgeous. And, once we get past Sept, the air stays very dry til May. So, all in all, I've adapted to the climate very well. Might be a little tougher going from a California climate to central Florida, but, with all the other plusses of the Villages it'll be well worth it. Bring the wife and check it out!!!
thank u for your a complete answer, I lived in NY for 49 years and am very familiar with east coast climates and hopefully 12 years in CA haven't spoiled me. Bev lived in southern FL 12 years in her first life so she is knowledgeable with the climate but, worries that i won't be able to handle it (i sweat) I plan to do a 4 weeks summer test like last 2 wks of July & first 2 of August when we get closer to decision time. I am already in love with TV
larry
Wanabee future TVer
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.