Address numbers on house

Old 05-03-2024, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,369 Times in 4,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
House (PV)in 2007 Caroline & (PV)2010 Pennacamp both the reflective numbers in the front window. Post sign had names no address.

2012 cottage Fernandina same reflective numbers front window. No post sign.

2009 Designer Duval same reflective number front window.

We hated the tacky numbers in front windows asking number of residents, and sales staff if we could remove them and put numbers on garage face of houses. No don’t remove, but no reason given.

Finally in 2014 at LSL market night Fire and Sumter sheriff department had a booth. Asked why numbers shouldn’t be removed. Answer: they are reflective so we can find houses easier in the dark. Although there isn’t a rule not to remove….Please leave them up, it easier for us to find you.

So new build in 2022 no reflective numbers in front window only numbers over garage. They are metal, not reflective.

So what changed. Why go back to reflective numbers.

My guess is the Fire/Leo department will have the correct answer.
Unfortunately, much of the landscaping blocks the reflective stickers.

The tree that the developer put in did just that on our home.

-Tom Petty
Old 05-03-2024, 11:27 AM

I don't understand why, say, 6 houses on a street can't be numbered 1 to 6, not in the 2 thousands. Wouldn't it be easier for EMT to find.
Old 05-03-2024, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,948 Times in 5,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
I don't understand why, say, 6 houses on a street can't be numbered 1 to 6, not in the 2 thousands. Wouldn't it be easier for EMT to find.
It's very complicated, but The Villages has nothing to do with assigning the house numbers. It is done by the local Government and in accordance with the USPS standards.
Old 05-03-2024, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Yep!!!! Much cheaper for stickers than the letters that go above your garage door. I swear every year the builder is getting cheaper and cheaper on what they provide. If you look at the pictures of homes online unless it's a custom home most bathrooms don't have a shower doors, and some don't even have curtain rods. They don't even put screens on the lanai's anymore.
Something against walk in showers? Many recently built hotels are going tubless and using walk in showers. Curtain rods and styles are personal so why provide them?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-03-2024, 05:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Yep!!!! Much cheaper for stickers than the letters that go above your garage door. I swear every year the builder is getting cheaper and cheaper on what they provide. If you look at the pictures of homes online unless it's a custom home most bathrooms don't have a shower doors, and some don't even have curtain rods. They don't even put screens on the lanai's anymore.
I bought my new home in September in Lake Denham. I have the black numbers above my garage doors. I have a walk in shower, so no need for a door. My lanai is screened. I also had a shower curtain rod in my second bath shower but I admit it was a useless piece of garbage. It would not tighten against the wall and I had to buy a better one. Heard the same complaint from most of my neighbors. They all agreed the developer should just stop buying them because they all go in the trash anyhow.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

I just can't imagine living a life that includes hopping onto any opportunity to show contempt for "The Developer". Why would anyone be upset that someone else's home has stickers rather than metal numbers. Could someone please explain.
Old 05-03-2024, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Unfortunately, much of the landscaping blocks the reflective stickers.

The tree that the developer put in did just that on our home.
My house is 24 years old and Mark Morse still drops by from time to time (if he can't make it he sends one of his sisters) to trim the landscaping ...... it was in my contract.
The contract that promised me Katie Bells and Hacienda restaurant/pool for life. Wish I had asked them to put in the 2 DQ's that were here when I purchased.
Old 05-04-2024, 05:44 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Mass288;2327845]So we just closed 3 months ago where abouts are these screenless homes I can't see any or are you just making it up ????[/QUOTE

Don’t worry….There are no lanais without screens, there are no curtain rods because all the windows have blinds.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Kelevision;2328034]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass288 View Post
So we just closed 3 months ago where abouts are these screenless homes I can't see any or are you just making it up ????[/QUOTE

Don’t worry….There are no lanais without screens, there are no curtain rods because all the windows have blinds.
I assumed they meant shower curtain rods. Never seen a new construction home that had window curtain rods. In Massachusetts most don't even have blinds included, nor bathroom mirrors, no even cabinet hardware.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I just can't imagine living a life that includes hopping onto any opportunity to show contempt for "The Developer". Why would anyone be upset that someone else's home has stickers rather than metal numbers. Could someone please explain.
With El Niño, developer realized they need to divert money from house numbers and shower curtain rods to executive golf course maintenance.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
With El Niño, developer realized they need to divert money from house numbers and shower curtain rods to executive golf course maintenance.
Funniest post of the week. Good one.
Old 05-04-2024, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
If you draw a line from north to south, all houses on east/west roads that fall on that line should be the same number.
Same for a east to west line.

Helps find houses when not knowing the area.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Some people aren't happy unless they're miserable...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-04-2024, 10:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4$ALE View Post
My house is 24 years old and Mark Morse still drops by from time to time (if he can't make it he sends one of his sisters) to trim the landscaping ...... it was in my contract.
The contract that promised me Katie Bells and Hacienda restaurant/pool for life. Wish I had asked them to put in the 2 DQ's that were here when I purchased.
Helluva' contract you got there!

-Tom Petty
Old 05-04-2024, 01:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,997 Times in 770 Posts

Usually and made be mandated by Fire Code each home must have street number on home to get a Certificate of Occupancy.
“ Every structure assigned an address must have the address posted in a visible location. Posting your address correctly will: Help Emergency Responders protect you and your family in the event of an emergency. By making sure your address is visible, you will allow Emergency Responders to locate you quicker.”

Tags
address, measure, cost-saving, reason, i’m

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.