This administrator would like your opinion

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Default Re: This administrator would like your opinion

In an effort to give a complete well thought out answer everhthing turned out to be a disaster so...

If you want to sell them ads, by all means go ahead. Ads are easily ignored if we choose to,

Let all candidates post to a specific forun. We can read, respond, ask questions whatever if we choose, if not, don't ope the forum. ThaT simple

Peepop
Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

TAKE THE MONEY , BUT STAY NEUTRAL..

ENDORSING SOMEONE COULD DAMAGE THIS GREAT SITE..........IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO HEAR CANDIDATES POSITIONS ON MATTERS THAT EFECT THE OVER 55 CROWD......
Old 08-22-2007, 10:59 PM

I agree with the notion that if you Need the money, then I could live with it, but I really, really, really don't like political ads. This forum is fun for me and a way to catch up on the news in Paradise, not my choice to decide who I will vote for. I stop watching Television much when it gets close to the elections. and if I do I make sure I DVR EVERYTHING so iI can skip the commecials. If you sell sapce can it just be their name and party and what ethy are runnign for ( like a yard sign) without all the whoopla and mudslinging???
Old 09-02-2007, 01:30 AM

I think we should stay out of politics completely. Otherwise I'm afraid we would be opening a Pandora's Box. What next? Religion?

Regardless of how it's handled (separate forum, endorsements, paid ads, etc) poison from the inevitable vitriolic discussions that ensue will trickle down into our virtual community here on the net. Possibly being the Friendliest Town in the U.S. will become only a memory. Allah Forbid!
Old 09-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

No problem...take their money....if they get nuts one way or the other, more money to be had....jreaders just gotta use common sense to sift out the religious and pollitical to get to their positions on the issues...
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 09-02-2007, 10:03 PM

If it keeps this site up and running by all means make em pay and bring em on. Mosts don't care about the ads anyway.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.