Advertising

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Default Advertising

I was going through your archives when I found some posts about the sun first taking your adds then not taking them with no real explanation. Have you been able to solve this problem? I mentioned your site to another villager and they clearly did not want to talk about it. I thank you for all the great information I have received from your members and for the chance to read other views. Thank you, Herb
Old 04-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Founder
Default Re: Advertising

No, the problem has not been resolved. I am curious why the "other villager" did not want to talk about it. Are they connected with the newspaper? Did they not want to talk about Talk of The Villages? What was the situation, do you know?
Old 04-20-2008, 02:09 AM

I really don't know and I don't believe their is any connection. However when I mentioned that I was learning about the villages from this web they seemed uncomfortable and I dropped it.
Thank you for your hard work in keeping this going.

Herb
Old 04-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Gold member

In light of the fact that the issue of TOTV's advertising in the Daily Sun has still not been resolved and apparently has not even resulted in a response as to why not, if all TOTV members who are currently TV residents or have friends who are TV residents made a concerted effort to get neighbors and friends to look at the TOTV website and sign on as members, that might be as effective as ads that aren't allowed to happen. Considering that the population of TV is 67,000 and membership on TOTV is around 5,000, many of whom are not yet residents, we members are really not a representative sampling numbers-wise, and encouraging more membership on this useful and informative website would be a real plus. Any thoughts about this?
Old 04-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Lanier
In light of the fact that the issue of TOTV's advertising in the Daily Sun has still not been resolved and apparently has not even resulted in a response as to why not, if all TOTV members who are currently TV residents or have friends who are TV residents made a concerted effort to get neighbors and friends to look at the TOTV website and sign on as members, that might be as effective as ads that aren't allowed to happen. Considering that the population of TV is 67,000 and membership on TOTV is around 5,000, many of whom are not yet residents, we members are really not a representative sampling numbers-wise, and encouraging more membership on this useful and informative website would be a real plus. Any thoughts about this?
:bow: 040 :hot: crap wav :2cool: :beer2: 024
Old 04-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Taltarzac

There's still a link from the Villages Computer Club to TOTV which probably works almost as well as advertising in the Villages Daily Sun. http://www.thevillagescomputerclub.com/links.htm

Maybe, you can request public libraries in the Villages area to get a link to TOTV? This would mean Lady Lake Public Library, the Belvedere Villages PL, and the Belleview Branch of the Marion County PL. Not sure that the Mark Twain library even has a web-site??

I have been just a little annoying to the various local librarians with my repeated requests for a link to the FL Victim Services Directory http://myfloridalegal.com/directory, so a request for the TOTV link would be best coming from someone these librarians have not heard from before. 024
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.