Advice on new HVAC system

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2022, 06:13 AM
Default Advice on new HVAC system

Looking for feedback from anyone who has a Daikin FIT or the Daikin DX20VC. How quiet, how efficient, since they are variable does that mean the air handler fan is always on? Any other thoughts...
Thanks for any feedback to help me decide!
Old 07-14-2022, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

It sounds like you will be getting a variable speed compressor in the condensing unit (the outside unit). The air handler is the inside fan unit, and it should be adjustable to operate continuously or to turn on and off based on when the compressor is running. Personally, I would not purchase a variable speed compressor because of the high initial cost, repair costs, and parts availability. Any life cycle cost savings in electricity will be minimal or no savings at all. Note that almost every HVAC system installed in The Villages have a single stage compressor unit. Another thing to consider is the contractor who will install the system and service the warranty, which could be as long as 10 years. You want a contractor with a good track record for being responsive when the system fails. I think that is more important than the type of equipment you buy. I would use Munn's, who installs Carrier systems, as long as they have a competitive price. Good luck.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Two speed compressors have an excellent ROI and reliability record. Variable speed compressors do not.
Closed Thread

Tags
daikin, feedback, advice, air, handler

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.