After Build Out ?

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Default After Build Out ?

Does anyone have any insight or thoughts about how things might change after build out happens. I wonder about things like will the bands still be at the squares.

Mike
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkelly3@verizon.net View Post
Does anyone have any insight or thoughts about how things might change after build out happens.
Your guess(es) will be just as valid as everybody else's!!!

Quote:
I wonder about things like will the bands still be at the squares.
The merchants on the squares pay for the entertainment so that will be up to them.

Welcome to TOTV!!!

Bill
Old 11-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Sage

property values should go up, no more new houses only re sales
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Eternal Member

How sure are we that the build out will end? The perception of the end of the build out will put a big upward pressure on prices. This will give the developer more flexibility to purchase semi-developed land on the south end of TV. I'm not saying that will happen...I'm just floating the idea. Cheap land is important at the beginning of a project....as demand and prices go up...the equation can change. The other option is for the developer to begin and use the same winning formula elsewhere.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Gold member

As long as the square business prosper the entertainment should continue. I wonder how much of the square business is driven by LSVs (visitors). That business will disappear if there are no new homes to sell. Most other aspects of villages life will be determined by the will of the residents to keep it as it is now.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Your guess(es) will be just as valid as everybody else's!!!

The merchants on the squares pay for the entertainment so that will be up to them.

Welcome to TOTV!!!

Bill
What do you mean that the merchants on the squares pay for the entertainment?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
What do you mean that the merchants on the squares pay for the entertainment?
My bad - I believe it's actually the developer who provides the entertainment for free.

Bill
Old 11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Veteran member

The bands are paid from various sources. The rent from venders, income from bar kiosks, and the various businesses in the square kick in. Also in the sumter county newspaper i read that lake sumter and brownwood were given a grant of $60,000 for promotional expenditures.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Build out

IMHO, we will not live long enough to see the build out. There is a lot of land next to TV for sale. "Build Out" is a marketing tool.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
As long as the square business prosper the entertainment should continue. I wonder how much of the square business is driven by LSVs (visitors). That business will disappear if there are no new homes to sell. .
I don't follow that, an LSV can be used for a resale as well as new?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I always wonder who the frequent square go-ers are.

We went a lot the first year and then found other things to do.

I think people who really love to dance and adore music...that kind of music go a lot and may continue after time to go.

I kinda lean toward the idea that when the novelty wears off for people and we find friends who get together for other reasons we don't go as often as we do at first..for the music and dancing.

I know we went to every parade and holiday event the first year and then not so much, but I don't know if we are typical.

If after buildout things change, then probably the businesses will change too with more restaurants and less retail, I am guessing.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Build out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
IMHO, we will not live long enough to see the build out. There is a lot of land next to TV for sale. "Build Out" is a marketing tool.
I am not so sure that build out will ever occur. When we came here they said that the end of building in the Villages would be in 2015 when the number of people should reach 115,000 people.
Since we have purchased TV has acquired at least two more parcels of land. I don't know what they intend to do with them but since the executive courses, the recreation centers and many recreational programs are already maxed out, I hope it will not be used for housing.
People are getting very frustrated by getting "not accomodated" on golf courses, closed out of rec programs, or standing for an hour or so to get a spot in exercise programs. Last month my amenity fees earned me only two rounds of golf and nothing else. It seems like any extra housing--from this day forward-- should be backed up by the promise which was made to us when we built. Before homes are started, the swim pools, golf courses and rec centers will be built first. This is no longer happening.
Additionally, at least the last 4-5 Villages on top of 466A have been too large. In Buttonwood we have almost 1200 homes with one rec center the same size as the 500 home Villages have. We have pools the same size but we have to share the family pool and rec center with Pennecamp, which is also a very large Village. The idea that they are continuing to build is disconcerting to those us us that are already over crowded.
Thanks for letting me vent. I always get crabby when I get Bronchitis and can't breathe. LOL

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Sage
The developer also has in the past, at least since 2000, built commercial space before the neighborhoods. This is no longer the case, and the developer apparently is no longer interested in commercial buildings.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Platinum member

I don't think there will ever be a build out, success is too addicting.

However, I think that when the baby boomers age out this place is going to have a big problem.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Exclamation Agree with Patty 55

I think you're right Patty.
We have friends who were the first on the historic side that have passed. Then their children were the first to build on Del Mar. Now their children have bought in 2006. 3 generations always being told built out is near.
There have been more dates and locations for built out than I can count. Always the same sales pitch, buy now or you won't get in. Great sales pitch and works every time.
Buy for investment as these homes are going to go up because built out is
near. Another great sales pitch and many have lost a ton of money on this one. Especially those who bought 4 homes when housing was at the top of the bubble. Homes were worth half what they paid for them in a short time. As a matter of fact, I know of no one who has sold and made money on a house. ( Not counting the Developer!) You're luckily if you break even and there are far more foreclosures in here than anybody knows.

Another good sales pitch on new is you have the cheapest house on the street. Some streets have 6 houses that are the cheapest new house on the street! It's all sales. Don't buy because of built out.
I will have to see this place done building before I believe it because I've been told way to many dates and passed every date.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.