After Build Out ?

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
I am not so sure that build out will ever occur. When we came here they said that the end of building in the Villages would be in 2015 when the number of people should reach 115,000 people.
Since we have purchased TV has acquired at least two more parcels of land. I don't know what they intend to do with them but since the executive courses, the recreation centers and many recreational programs are already maxed out, I hope it will not be used for housing.
People are getting very frustrated by getting "not accomodated" on golf courses, closed out of rec programs, or standing for an hour or so to get a spot in exercise programs. Last month my amenity fees earned me only two rounds of golf and nothing else. It seems like any extra housing--from this day forward-- should be backed up by the promise which was made to us when we built. Before homes are started, the swim pools, golf courses and rec centers will be built first. This is no longer happening.
Additionally, at least the last 4-5 Villages on top of 466A have been too large. In Buttonwood we have almost 1200 homes with one rec center the same size as the 500 home Villages have. We have pools the same size but we have to share the family pool and rec center with Pennecamp, which is also a very large Village. The idea that they are continuing to build is disconcerting to those us us that are already over crowded.
Thanks for letting me vent. I always get crabby when I get Bronchitis and can't breathe. LOL
Some interesting speculations on this thread, but of course, no one not named Morse knows for sure, and even they may not know. We are still snowbirds so are probably seen by some as "part of the problem". Last year , staying in Hemingway, we generally got our tee times for the executive courses by being pretty flexible on time and course. There is a lot of golf pressure that time of year (Feb, Mar), and I recall one day last March when an ambassador at Becall said that the day before EVERY TEE TIME in TV was filled, both executive and championship. The pressure seemed to be especially intense for the courses just north of 466A. Now that the development south of 466A has progressed vigorously, I am wondering what the tee time experience is likely to be this coming winter. Lots of new residents south of 466A and no new executive courses yet (we will return to Hemingway). Could be a lot more pickleball and off campus golf this year.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 PM

I chat about this with some and when the salespeople mention a "buildout"... Sure it can happen.. Is it a marketing scheme? Possibly, why not? Until all is finalized, it's a good strategy for pricing and selling homes. Hurry before it is all gone!!
However, some interesting thoughts.
1) Why would the county/state government want it to end? TV has provided numerous jobs for the state. Unemployemt would climb, putting a burden on the local and state governments.
2) There continues to be huge tax benefits for the state and local governments to continue the build programs. Property,wage, and other taxes continues. It is no different when a major business is looking to build a plant in an area. Local and state government provide tax incentives to get them to build or stay in an area KNOWING they will make it up in employment taxes and jobs.
3) commercial businesses continue to thrive and grow.

IMHO..the state and local governments are working with the developers to continue the growth. Why would they allow it to end? Some of these parcels we hear about may be some of that deal sharing.
The state would be wise to almost GIVE them the land! They would make it up in tax revenues. The biggest issue is GETTING THE LAND I think from the current owners who I am sure want a pretty penny for it. I doubt if eminent domain would apply, but somehow persuasion would prevail.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
I chat about this with some and when the salespeople mention a "buildout"... Sure it can happen.. Is it a marketing scheme? Possibly, why not? Until all is finalized, it's a good strategy for pricing and selling homes. Hurry before it is all gone!!
However, some interesting thoughts.
1) Why would the county/state government want it to end? TV has provided numerous jobs for the state. Unemployemt would climb, putting a burden on the local and state governments.
2) There continues to be huge tax benefits for the state and local governments to continue the build programs. Property,wage, and other taxes continues. It is no different when a major business is looking to build a plant in an area. Local and state government provide tax incentives to get them to build or stay in an area KNOWING they will make it up in employment taxes and jobs.
3) commercial businesses continue to thrive and grow.

IMHO..the state and local governments are working with the developers to continue the growth. Why would they allow it to end? Some of these parcels we hear about may be some of that deal sharing.
The state would be wise to almost GIVE them the land! They would make it up in tax revenues. The biggest issue is GETTING THE LAND I think from the current owners who I am sure want a pretty penny for it. I doubt if eminent domain would apply, but somehow persuasion would prevail.
What about telling the truth - or is that concept so foreign to us now taking precedence over the allmighty dollar it doesn't matter. Does anyone tell the truth anymore - or is all about how much money can I make???
Old 11-05-2012, 06:32 PM

I can't believe anyone would be naive to think government, the media, or even big business would EVER tell the public the truth until they are required! But for many reasons, developers don't do it so land speculation doesn't create a feeding frenzy. Tell all they are leaving and no more, and demand drops. Tell all we are looking for more land or growth, and watch what happens.
Let me see here....the Morse family says.."we are going to buy more parcels of land adjoining TV to keep growing" ...
Logically, economically, and prudent business says that doesn't even make sense. If it was me, I wouldn't say anything either. Look at the people on here and what they even say.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I never got a "sales pitch" and I don't know anyone else who did either. I had no pressure at all from sales people when we were here NOT LOOKING to buy and we did.

No one said anything about buildout. They did use the term final phase for the areas south of 466A.

By the time the baby boomers age out...we will be history and not caring how much our homes will be worth.

Come on folks. We are getting older although we feel younger and we can't live forever. In thirty years there won't be many of us who are reading this who will be here to care.

NOW on a cheerier note.

It is a lovely evening here in The Villages and I am so glad I am here.

And a disclaimer. I don't know the Morses or work for them.

I just love it here.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Sage

Gracie - you're a doll and I love your optimistic attitude. Keep on keepin on!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Veteran member

Personally, I think that build-out will take place in the 2015 timeframe that is projected. I'm a gambler at heart ... anyone willing to take a bet?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.