After Hours Dog Walking on the Golf Courses

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2021, 12:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Wow! Not very scientific of a statement by Eagles that Golf. Everyone knows that grass is JUST BETTER than turned-over soil. And NOT NEARLY as good as NATURAL trees and shrubs. And Trees protect RESIDENTS from tornadoes and hurricanes. Golf courses DO NOT!!!!!! Golf courses produce wind tunnels that magnify wind strength. And Golf courses require enormous maintenance and enormous noise pollution, gasoline vapors, and co2, which causes Global Warming, which is currently driving motley populations of invaders northward into BOTH the US and Europe. Fertilizer and Round-Up runoff is causing many lakes in Lake County to have blue-green algae over-populations - which creates a gas that is unhealthy to HUMANS. SO, SO, SO NO, NO, NO SIR Duffer-with-Eagles-Man - your kind are NOT the good Samaritans that you make yourselves out to be. The REALITY IS that your kind are at the top of the food chain for polluters and other anti-social behavior!

Someone here had a post looking for a comedian......
Old 06-17-2021, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

[QUOTE=golfing eagles;1960994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack View Post

And who is going to monitor the behavior of those that are trespassing on the golf courses? They've already shown a willingness to disregard the rules in the first place, so why does anyone think they will then be respectful of property that doesn't belong to them?
You wouldn't believe what happens on a golf course after the ambassadors leave. It becomes a dog park, a dog potty, cyclists riding on the fairways and greens, grandkids with fishing poles headed to a pond, people joyriding in their golf carts sometimes through sand traps and on greens, etc. And don't tell me it doesn't happen, because I've watched every one of those scenarios take place from my lanai. The easiest way to prevent it is to not allow anyone on the course who isn't playing golf----Oh, yeah, that IS the rule.
Nothing wrong with, " grandkid fishing in golf course lakes". There is a problem with golf carts joy riding on greens and into sand traps. I CAN SEE that. That would require a phone call to the Police! Maybe take a video of it for proof. Most people want to do the right thing - a few ruin things for others - that's how speed bumps got started.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Maybe not trespassing, but some might say racist flowers.
Some might. Until they heard why it's called a Confederate Rose.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:32 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
Don’t be so rude, you always have a smart reply.
Rude???....Factual.
&
I welcomed him/her.
How could I be more loving??
Old 06-17-2021, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's a crock of BS, and I think even you realize it.
Sorry, I stand by what I wrote!
Old 06-17-2021, 12:33 PM
Veteran member

I wonder if those who are upset, about dogs and people on the golf courses, after hours, are also those who illegally tweaked their golf carts to go faster? Now you have something else to complain about.
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca9800 View Post
Well there was that time I did walk right up to someone's backyard. I was on the course w friends who were golfing,
There you go breaking another rule. Spectators are allowed on the golf course but are required to stay in the golf cart
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:

And who is going to monitor the behavior of those that are trespassing on the golf courses? They've already shown a willingness to disregard the rules in the first place, so why does anyone think they will then be respectful of property that doesn't belong to them?
Just like illegal aliens.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Maybe not trespassing, but some might say racist flowers.
Oh PLEASE.

Hibiscus mutabilis (Confederate Rose).

Dictionary

[confederate]
ADJECTIVE
joined by an agreement or treaty.
"some local groups united to form confederate councils"
synonyms:
federal · confederated · federated · allied · in alliance · in league · cooperating · associated · united · combined · amalgamated
NOUN
a person one works with, especially in something secret or illegal; an accomplice.
"where was his confederate, the girl who had stolen Richard's wallet?"
synonyms:
associate · partner · accomplice · abetter · accessory · helper · supporter · assistant · ally · collaborator · colleague · oppo · offsider
a supporter of the Confederate States of America.
VERB
bring (states or groups of people) into an alliance.
"the treaty confederated the fourteen tribes"

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-17-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Nothing wrong with, " grandkid fishing in golf course lakes".
It is against the rules, and trespassing,to fish in ANY pond or lake within any course. In Lake Sumter it is ILLEGAL to fish there. That's when, if those "grand kids" don't want to leave, the Sheriff is called. Everyone along that lake knows that LAW

Last edited by stanley; 06-17-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca9800 View Post
Stanley, my friend, you've been working for the golf course too long. Remember that book "1984"?
Rules are rules, and not for the entitled or elite to break. Funny how this time of year there are very few problems on the courses
Old 06-17-2021, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Wow! Not very scientific of a statement by Eagles that Golf. Everyone knows that grass is JUST BETTER than turned-over soil. And NOT NEARLY as good as NATURAL trees and shrubs. And Trees protect RESIDENTS from tornadoes and hurricanes. Golf courses DO NOT!!!!!! Golf courses produce wind tunnels that magnify wind strength. And Golf courses require enormous maintenance and enormous noise pollution, gasoline vapors, and co2, which causes Global Warming, which is currently driving motley populations of invaders northward into BOTH the US and Europe. Fertilizer and Round-Up runoff is causing many lakes in Lake County to have blue-green algae over-populations - which creates a gas that is unhealthy to HUMANS. SO, SO, SO NO, NO, NO SIR Duffer-with-Eagles-Man - your kind are NOT the good Samaritans that you make yourselves out to be. The REALITY IS that your kind are at the top of the food chain for polluters and other anti-social behavior!
The algae part may have some merit, but the rest is jibber-jabber. Global warming???? NO SUCH THING (and by that I mean it has nothing to do with human activity, just a part of the 5 million year long climatological cycle we are current in. BTW, do you know we are still, by definition, in an ICE AGE)?????
Old 06-17-2021, 01:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
I feel that your next post will be damming us for having gas carts. The green slime as we call it is everywhere and is primarily caused by the agriculture business.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

“I tell ya, golf courses and cemeteries are the biggest wastes of prime real estate.”

-Al Czervik
Old 06-17-2021, 01:33 PM
Bosoxfan

If you don't live on a golf course then you don't understand. After hours...after the course closes homeowners on the courses should expect privacy...peace and quiet and when this rule is broken they're not getting what they paid for
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, dog, permitted, isn’t, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.