After Hours Dog Walking on the Golf Courses

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2021, 05:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Yes welcome to the "once friendly villages" sorry you received such negative comments from some Those must be the folk who break the rules. Wait until someone's golf ball lands in a "poo heap" we will never hear the last of it.

Not much difference to those dog owners who open the gate to the tennis/pb courts and let their dogs run around , so they dont have to chase them around. No they dont pick up after their dogs either. As another comment say wait until the snowbirds come, who treat the villages like a holiday camp.

One golfer suggesting to an Ambassador that the courses should be closed until "they get here" so they are in good condition. Quite the reverse I think.
You apologise for OP getting negative comments, then spend the next two paragraphs slagging people off!
Funny old world!
Old 06-16-2021, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoguy View Post
tonight was the first time i saw someone walking their dog on the golf course. Well it was also in the sand traps, fairways and on the greens. The dog was everywhere. I know for a fact this is not permitted. However, people do whatever they want when the golf ambassadors are gone.
I’d like to walk the golf course myself, but i know it isn’t permitted. I guess it will continue until something gets broke or a green gets trashed by a dog.

There really isn’t anything you can do because i’ve tried. I called the villages community security about it but they just tell me it’s not their jurisdiction.
Oh well
should be $250.00
Old 06-16-2021, 05:50 AM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoguy View Post
Tonight was the first time I saw someone walking their dog on the golf course. Well it was also in the sand traps, fairways and on the greens. The dog was everywhere. I know for a fact this is not permitted. However, people do whatever they want when the Golf Ambassadors are gone.
I’d like to walk the golf course myself, but I know it isn’t permitted. I guess it will continue until something gets broke or a green gets trashed by a dog.

There really isn’t anything you can do because I’ve tried. I called the villages community security about it but they just tell me it’s not their jurisdiction.
Oh well
Relax .. walking the golf course is safer then the streets after dark .. do find a lot of stray golf balls..
Old 06-16-2021, 05:54 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Tonight was the first time I saw someone walking their dog on the golf course. Well it was also in the sand traps, fairways and on the greens. The dog was everywhere. I know for a fact this is not permitted. However, people do whatever they want when the Golf Ambassadors are gone.
I’d like to walk the golf course myself, but I know it isn’t permitted. I guess it will continue until something gets broke or a green gets trashed by a dog.

There really isn’t anything you can do because I’ve tried. I called the villages community security about it but they just tell me it’s not their jurisdiction.
Oh well
Welcome to TV. You will find better things to complain about soon. Im sure!
Old 06-16-2021, 06:10 AM

IF The Villages thought this was a serious problem, THEY would do something about it. Apparently, they do not see it as an issue serious enough to take action. Problem solved!
Old 06-16-2021, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
IF The Villages thought this was a serious problem, THEY would do something about it. Apparently, they do not see it as an issue serious enough to take action. Problem solved!
Solved, until some idiot get hit by a golf ball, or becomes Purina gator chow after dark. While I don't share the OPs enthusiasm for this problem, the fact remains that these people ARE trespassing.

So why is it that some of the same people who don't think blatant trespassing is a big deal get their undies in a bunch over a golf cart going 20.1 mph or junk mail being tossed in the postal station trash cans?
Old 06-16-2021, 06:27 AM

In my view, no matter where you live, there are and will be people who believe their needs, desires and beliefs supersede laws, rules and other people. That is just the way it is. Our job is to realistically decide actions that are the most critical to the good of the community and that we can change, and act on those. Otherwise we will drive ourselves crazy (as if we’re not there already). Choose your battles, take care of your mental well being and enjoy what The Villages has to offer.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:49 AM
jenniferthomas

They must be special. 😒 Think how bad the golf courses would look if everyone did that.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:49 AM

I can remember when this area was full of wildlife. Peaceful, clean and quiet. Now it seem that someone’s dog walking has gotten your hairspray messed up. Where do these people come from? You want to talk about entitlements and perspectives. Sounds like you left the perfect place.
In closing. I sure hope the doggie owner picks up the fertilizer.
Enjoy The Villages “The friendliest hometown “
Old 06-16-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:

Oh well
The dog walkers should be aware that chemicals are applied quite often. A dog's paws will absorb these chemicals. The courses do not put out signs saying so.
If you love your dog do not walk it on the golf course.
As for others sarcasm...well welcome to the "friendliest home town"
Old 06-16-2021, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Solved, until some idiot get hit by a golf ball, or becomes Purina gator chow after dark. While I don't share the OPs enthusiasm for this problem, the fact remains that these people ARE trespassing.

So why is it that some of the same people who don't think blatant trespassing is a big deal get their undies in a bunch over a golf cart going 20.1 mph or junk mail being tossed in the postal station trash cans?
Nobody has complained about junk mail being tossed at postal station for awhile now.

Wonder why?
Old 06-16-2021, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
In my view, no matter where you live, there are and will be people who believe their needs, desires and beliefs supersede laws, rules and other people. That is just the way it is. Our job is to realistically decide actions that are the most critical to the good of the community and that we can change, and act on those. Otherwise we will drive ourselves crazy (as if we’re not there already). Choose your battles, take care of your mental well being and enjoy what The Villages has to offer.
The real world.
Imagine if the inmates were running this place.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:12 AM

Call the County Sheriff. The golf courses are private property. How do you know the person with the dog lives on the golf course, or even lives in The Villages? I live on a golf course and pond. I have had guys cut between houses to fish on the pond. It is NOT a community pond and they didn't live here. I called the Sumter County Sheriff. They came down and got them off.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forebubba View Post
The dog walkers should be aware that chemicals are applied quite often. A dog's paws will absorb these chemicals. The courses do not put out signs saying so.
If you love your dog do not walk it on the golf course.
As for others sarcasm...well welcome to the "friendliest home town"
Signs are out all the time for chemicals.

New York, South Carolina, California, North Carolina, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Virginia and now The Village of Winifred.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Oh well
As stated in the post above, you are aware it is against the rules. No one is permitted to walk on the course unless they are playing golf during regular hours or work to service it. It is trespassing, pure and simple and it is very annoying to watch people doing things they are not allowed to do. However, I have RARELY heard this complaint on this forum over all the years that I have followed it.

People are drawn to this area for a number of reasons, not the least is the incredible opportunities to play golf or to live close to the green spaces that are lovely to see. Most serious golfers are serious rule followers and are ladies and gentlemen who follow the rules. Golf is an ethical game played against one's own self. Experienced golfers look down on people who don't replace divots or rake the sand traps. You know what you're dealing with when someone walks in your putting line. Most Golfers follow the rules and most golfers like the rules followed.

People are NOT allowed to walk their dogs on the golf course. People are not allowed to walk their kids on the golf course. If they do it they are wrong.

We used to have a group of older women that we called the "Posse" and they addressed things of this nature. I think they petered out. Sad.

I was a member and I also wonder about unusual and not frequent things like this that are pointed out by new posters.

Sometimes I wonder. Sometimes I sit and wonder.

Tags
golf, dog, permitted, isn’t, walking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.