After the storm

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2022, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
You can "if" and "probably" to reach any outcome you would like. Even with your scenario, the damage inland would be far less than the damage at the coast. And any scenario that brings a storm surge to the Villages would lay waste to almost all of Florida.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldseries27 View Post
how about facts and not opinions.
A category 3 hurricane, easy, hit homassa florida 1950 before the villages was a twinkle in anyone's eyes. That's 37 miles as the crow flies. Just imagine it as a category 5 , or not.
Okay, you can "if" and "probably" and "imagine" to reach any outcome you would like. Even with your scenario, the damage inland would be far less than the damage at the coast. And any scenario that brings a storm surge to the Villages would lay waste to almost all of Florida. Them's the facts.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-02-2022, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
SOMETHING TOUCHED MY LEG!!!

The Villages Florida
That is too funny.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,690 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
After the storm and the lack of damage here my guess is we will become even more of a place to live. My guess is houses will have another surge in prices like we have never seen before.
I don't know about a "surge in prices like we have never seen before", but I think it's reasonable to suggest that people wishing to spend their retirement winters somewhere warmer than the northeastern part of the US, or the upper midwest will still look at Florida as a destination.

When they do, the memories of visions of destroyed communities along the coast will have an impact on their decision making.
Current economic factors suggest demand will slow down compared to 18 months ago, but it won't disappear, and even if people would want to be in other, more hurricane threatened parts of Florida, it will be a while before those areas most strongly affected by Ian will be ready to accommodate them.
Closed Thread

Tags
guess, storm, prices, houses, surge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.