all the good things villagers do

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Default all the good things villagers do

Before I moved here this forum was a great source of information. I was a little concerned about all the posts about seat saving and dog poop about moving in with the "get off my lawn" type of attitude, which fortunately I have not encountered in my five months here.
What I found to my surprise is such a huge amount of generous and giving people. Help me out and list all the good things you see people doing every day to help their fellow man. Here is a partial list of all the good stuff I see around me every day.
Habitat for humanity is doing I believe three builds in this area with many villagers involved
Race for the cure raises a lot of money for cancer
The woodshop makes I believe over 6,000 toys for needy kids every year
The girls scouts had a pajama/book drive at Christmas
The quilters raised money and donate quilts to places such as hospice, shelters, linus project for sick kids etc.
Operation shoebox, a huge amount of people helping our troops

and so on
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Sage

Villagers have a community garden behind the woodshop and they donate the food.

The North Lake Presbyterian Church has a volunteer meals delivery program called Operation Homebound. The volunteers deliver to over 200 people Monday through Friday. They prepare and deliver the meals. The volunteers and the food from the garden also help with a soup kitchen in Wildwood.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.