Central Pkwy/Eastport

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2023, 09:48 PM
Veteran member
Default Central Pkwy/Eastport

Word has it, the Developer named the street near Eastport, Central Pkwy because when construction is complete, this area will now be the center of the Villages. If my calculations are correct, our population is going to explode approaching 1/2 million! A city possibly larger than Orlando or Tampa.

UPDATE: THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE CONFIRMED ON THIS THREAD THAT THIS IS NOT A RUMOR. WHEN YOU WANT THE TRUTH, JUST ASK TOTV! THANKS AGAIN! This information will help when I purchase a new home.

Here are my calculations. Population now 140,000. Multiply by two since Developer has stated Villages is going to double in size. A 280,OOO population.

But, this does not include the many outside developments in Lady Lake, Beaumont, or apartment buildings, townhouses, etc. It also does not include homes with children or multi-generational living.

Yikes! I can only imagine what traffic is going to be like in a few years. Overcrowded, everywhere? What do you think?

Some current populations for comparison:
Tampa: 395,276
Orlando: 312, 280
Miami: 452,952
Jacksonville: 954, 614

Please note: this is not a bash the south post. Population includes everyone. Please spare those remarks.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 08-22-2023 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2023, 10:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Word has it, the Developer named the street near Eastport, Central Pkwy because when construction is complete, this area will now be the center of the Villages.
Who has been saying this? I don't think even the Developer knows where they center will end up being.

Quote:
If my calculations are correct, our population is going to explode to nearly 1/2 million! A city much larger than Orlando or Tampa.

Here are my calculations. Population now 140,000. Multiply by two since Developer has stated Villages is going to double in size. A 280,OOO population.

But, this does not include the outside developments like Beaumont, or apartment buildings, townhouses, etc. It also does not include homes with children or multi-generational living.

Yikes! I can only imagine what traffic is going to be like in a few years. Overcrowded, everywhere? What do you think?

Some current populations for comparison:
Tampa: 395,276
Orlando: 312, 280
Miami: 452,952
Jacksonville: 954, 614

Please note: this is not a bash the south post. Population includes everyone. Please spare those remarks.
You're not factoring "metro area" of these cities. All of these cities are much older than The Villages and the historic area of each is only counted in the population figures as they're all surrounded by suburbs in each direction. Tampa's metro area is 3.2 million. The Tampa Bay area had a larger population than the Villages has now 100 years ago (mid 1920's).

I think "central parkway" was just chose as descriptive name for that area in general. It's a parkway that goes up the center of that particular area.
Old 08-20-2023, 10:31 PM
Veteran member

.[/QUOTE] Hopefully, you are correct about the naming of Central Pkwy and it is just another one of those rumors. I have heard it several times and am starting to believe it. A few people told me they read the Developer purchased enough land to build for 23 yrs. I have experienced the Villages population sweltering to 140,000 from a a few thousand. In my eyes, anything is possible. I have lived it! If there is land, they are going to build.

Funny, how things get in your head! This is why I am asking, want to hear from people who are "in the know". Anyone know how much available land the developer has purchased? And, if there is a significant amount of available land for other developments?

Note: Did not include the metro areas, I was explicitly talking about the cities themselves for comparison. Including metro areas like Fruitland park, Bellevue, Oxford, etc, makes the population numbers worse.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 08-21-2023 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,294 Posts

Quote:

Assuming on average:

Construction rate is about 5,000 homes per year.

Occupancy is 1.7 people per home.

Population growth would be 8,500/yr

It will take about 16yrs to add 140,000 residents.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Around here "word has it" is usually a good story and seldom accurate.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,619 Times in 1,349 Posts

I missed my pedicure appointment this month so have been up on the gossip of Central Parkway.

But unless You are family, one has no idea the inter work of the developer, until they choose, or if they choose to make something public.

So guessing is all this thread is.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Around here "word has it" is usually a good story and seldom accurate.
Also, “I have heard it several times and am starting to believe it.”
Old 08-21-2023, 07:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,077 Times in 433 Posts

Look at it this way: The Developer is now into their 4th generation building homes and amenities in The Villages. A safe assumption would be that as long as there is available land to develop, and the demand for new homes continues, they will continue to build and expand. I doubt most of us living here now will live to see the end of it.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:14 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,764 Times in 472 Posts

I recently moved here with eyes “wide open”, knowing about the future development and growth - this actually played into my decision to move here - there is a vibrancy that comes with growth - so the place doesn’t feel like an “old folks home” and sedate like so many other 55+ communities throughout the US that I visited. I can’t wait for all the new restaurants / amenities / entertainment options that will come with Eastport, Middleton and beyond! I guess if I was wanting to live I’m a sleepy retirement hamlet, I would choose to live someplace else.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,294 Times in 5,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Assuming on average:

Construction rate is about 5,000 homes per year.

Occupancy is 1.7 people per home.

Population growth would be 8,500/yr

They will stop building when they run out of land that is available at the price they are willing to pay. We will all be long gone when that happens.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
16 years and I won't care
Old 08-21-2023, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,294 Times in 5,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
16 years and I won't care
The next generation living here will get to worry.
Old 08-21-2023, 11:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,698 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Overcrowded, everywhere? What do you think?
We have been here for 7 years and we think things are better than ever. We enjoy all of the new amenities in the Southern Area, except for the wretched Sawgrass area.
Old 08-21-2023, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Hopefully, you are correct about the naming of Central Pkwy and it is just another one of those rumors. I have heard it several times and am starting to believe it. A few people told me they read the Developer purchased enough land to build for 23 yrs. I have experienced the Villages population sweltering to 140,000 from a a few thousand. In my eyes, anything is possible. I have lived it! If there is land, they are going to build.

Funny, how things get in your head! This is why I am asking, want to hear from people who are "in the know". Anyone know how much available land the developer has purchased? And, if there is a significant amount of available land for other developments?

Note: Did not include the metro areas, I was explicitly talking about the cities themselves for comparison. Including metro areas like Fruitland park, Bellevue, Oxford, etc, makes the population numbers worse.[/QUOTE]

If you look at the map on The Villages web site it clearly outlines the land they currently own for development. If you look at the adjacent properties to all of this, there is no significant acreage available, mostly individual family lots. The only large adjacent acreage is about 3400 acres owned by First Berkshire in Lake County, west of the turnpike and south of CR 470. I would image they would want a hefty return on their investment here.

I would seem there is more than enough available land to keep building for quite some time.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1904.jpg
Views:	2269
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	99824  
Old 08-21-2023, 11:24 AM

if you go to the Villages app and search homes, you can change the view to "MAP" This shows you the land where the developer is planning to build residences. There is a huge area still south of 470 that is owned by them. Almost down to Centerville. There has also been a couple of articles that the Villages has bought more land South but right now these purchases are not attached to the land owned without the purchase of the parcel in between. Based on the information available today, Central Parkway is probably aptly names.
Closed Thread

Tags
population, villages, central, include, calculations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.