Almost on our way there.....:)

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Default Almost on our way there.....:)

Well, we fly down tomorrow (actually today) for 6 night stay. We are going to put down our deposit, and select whatever there is to select on our house. We are very excited, but also overwhelmed!!!!!! Our house closes here on the 29th of October, and we have so much packing to do!! Is there anyone there who would just love to come home with us in 6 days and help us pack?????? No shoving now, I know it is everyone very favorite thing to do. We hope to meet some really nice people when we are there, and start the Village experience!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
Well, we fly down tomorrow (actually today) for 6 night stay. We are going to put down our deposit, and select whatever there is to select on our house. We are very excited, but also overwhelmed!!!!!! Our house closes here on the 29th of October, and we have so much packing to do!! Is there anyone there who would just love to come home with us in 6 days and help us pack?????? No shoving now, I know it is everyone very favorite thing to do. We hope to meet some really nice people when we are there, and start the Village experience!!!
aaahhh, the good old days when all we had to do was buy a few six packs and a couple of pizzas and our friends would help us move. We haven't sold our home in OHio yet, but the thought of one more move is awful.....except for what's waiting on the other side.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Sage

All the best to you, VT2TV. Yes, the best is yet to come!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Sage

Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!

It's a good kind of scary. My real estate agent said there is a possibility of someone who could possibly make me an offer next week contingent on being able to close by by the end of October! Yikes!!! The thought sent my head spinning of all the things I would need to do but I hope it happens.

I hope they want all of my furniture so I can move to TV with my toothbrush.

Somehow, I think I would find a way to get it done to move to paradise. I'm sure you will find you will be able to and the best of luck with your moving.

Enjoy your six days as time will fly by.

Best Wishes.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Dancing Thyme

VT2TV. Welcome to Paradise. If you want to get together while you're here, if you have time, of course, let me know and I'll see if I can't put something together for us. We could always just meet under the clock at LSL for 1/2 hour so it doesn't have to be a long drawn out thing, if you don't have the time. We hope to meet you- best of luck!! KathieI

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

First of all, let me say your "name" is so clever: VT2TV. I love it! Secondly, we just went through the downsizing fun, but still have a storage unit full of stuff to go through. Concentrate on what you know you will need, and then store whatever you are not sure about. My only advice is to get rid of any furniture while you are in Vermont, because you will never get the true value for it here. There is a glut of very handsome furniture here from Villagers who brought too much. So sell it up North.

Get ready to have fun for the rest of your lives!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:24 PM

Thanks for everyone's response. We are here and we are EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much to think about and decide upon! We have seen so many houses -some for the fifth and sixth times... But it has been fun too. But we are official owners now, and should close on Dec 13th. The first 2 days were overcast, but today, everything was so pretty- a nice omen!!! Hope to meet so many people. Looking forward to the concert on Sat. Love riding around on the golf carts!!!! After we learned how to turn the headlights on!!
Old 10-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am so happy for you and so disappointed we won't get there until the 9th.

But you will be back.

I agree with Brostholder, moving is a little more difficult than it used to be and hopefully when you arrive here we can do something to serve your convenience.

Congratulations and wishes for every good thing for a thousand years.

Gracie
Old 10-02-2010, 06:50 PM

Congratulations on your new home....Im sure all the inconvenience of moving will be long fogotten after you settle in and begin to enjoy..
I currently am in the middle of selling my home in NY hoping to make my move down this summer..( I bought my home in TV 4 years ago)..I am always packing something or other and shipping it UPS to my wonderful neighbors who bring it to the house..
Dont bring too much with you that you may have to throw away later..This was advice given to me by many villagers..
Hope to meet you soon'' congratulations again...Laura

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.