An Alternate To Living At The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: An Alternate To Living At The Villages

I think Annie is for real. We certainly investigated Stonecrest before we bought. And on TOTV I can't imagine that anyone could do a very good job of promoting Stonecrest. If we had anything positive to say, we'd be there and not here. So, annie, ask away. I've looked at both and there was no question in my mind.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 12-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda
I think Annie is for real. We certainly investigated Stonecrest before we bought. And on TOTV I can't imagine that anyone could do a very good job of promoting Stonecrest. If we had anything positive to say, we'd be there and not here. So, annie, ask away. I've looked at both and there was no question in my mind.
DITTO
Mr and Mrs Handie :joke:
Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by handieman
DITTO
Mr and Mrs Handie :joke:
She seems real to me too. But, who can really tell on TOTV especially with a handle from someone who has only posted once??

Old 12-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage

If Annie was from Stonecrest she would know that the monthly fee hasn't been $95 since 2006.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Sage

As an outsider I appreciate any and all information. Who cares if it is a plant. If so it doesn't appear to have been very effective.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:14 PM

Russ
correct, you either pay the bond seperate or it is included in the price of house but it is not a county bond. You could buy a peice of land in sumter county and have a house built or build it yourself and there would be no bond.
drd
Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Annie is for real...but she is confused like most of us were when we decided if TV was the place for us. I know it took a close relative of mine 3 years to decide to move to the Villages and they are the ones that introduced us to this life style (thank you)....so the decision is not easy for everyone.
It all comes down to "wants, desire and afford" and all I can say in todays market the afford aspect is really negotiable on many different levels. Annie obviously wants and desires TV (or else she would not keep comming back and looking at this site) so its down to afford. Even that some people can afford but simpy do not want to spend what they think is a large chuck of cash every month or simply for the house itself. I my younger days I compaed it to "YODDLES" and if I got alot of YOUDDLES from buying somethign it was good for me....not necessarily for you.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Veteran member

If I move to TV, it will be for the following reasons, most of which, in combination, are exclusive to TV:

- The "sense of community" and enthusiam for TV shared by its' residents
- The wide array of clubs, activities, and common interests. Granted, no will join all upteen hundred clubs or activities. The point is that the "critical mass" of folks with shared interests is here. There will be many diverse interests shared by many people in TV that might only be shared by a lone wolf in most other communities.
- The "instant assimilation" that I expect to experience in TV
- It's not a bad "bang for the buck", house-wise and community-wise
- I have been a "City Planner" for 35 years and appreciate the multi-modal transportation network and planning of the mix of land uses in TV. Kudo's!
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

I had only fleeting thoughts about adult communities. Most of the ones I read about and visited were much too expensive and exclusive for my taste and had far fewer amenities. TV has affordable housing, lots of Golf courses, pools, etc. But then again we all know that lol.

Originally I had thought I'd be living in an adult community in Walnut Creek, CA called Rossmore in the San Francisco Bay area. My family already owns a condo there but there are only 3 Golf courses, one movie theater and not nearly the number of amenities and clubs in which a person can participate. I never saw a single adult community with as developed a town square let alone the evening entertainment and vendor concept. I know there are other Golf Cart accessible communities but how many have cart paths that get you to as many retail shops?

TV is definitely the place for me!! 040
Old 12-11-2007, 12:01 AM

I think Annie is for real, but has not weighed the options. I looked at several communities while trying to make up my mind. Yes the other communities are nice, the homes maybe even give more bang for the buck, but it comes back to ammenities. The cost of golf at one of these communities woukld pay the bond at TV. I am also thinking long term. I really don't plan to move again, and want a place with shopping, medical, banking, church, etc. that I may not be able to drive to in 20 years. Boy am I thinking long term or what? Good Luck Annie, I am sure you will figure it out and find the best fit for you.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:30 AM

ANNIE IS RIGHT, AND MOST OF YOU CANT HANDLE THE FACT THAT YOU DO NOT LIVE IN A GATED COMMUNITY, THEY CAN NEVER CLOSE OFF THE ROADS IN TV, THEY ARE ALL PUBLIC, IM MOVING TO STONECREST ,I CAN ENJOY ANYTHING I WANT TO IN THE VILLAGES WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY, I SIT NEXT TO PEOPLE IN POOLS ,GOLF WITH GOLFERS WHO DONT OWN IN TV. I DONT HAVE TO DRIVE ON 441 AT ALL TO GET TO TV.. NICE BRIDGE JUST FOR CARTS.
NOW MY REASON FOR LEAVING THE VILLAGES,, I PAID OVER 150.000 DOLLARS FOR MY VILLA WHEN ALL WAS SAID AND DONE, I HAVING A 3 BD RM,2BH,2CAR WITHGOLF CART DOOR,BLOCK STOCCO.I WAS ABLE TO CHOOSE EVERYTHING.CHANGE BLUEPRINTS, THE COSTS WITH ALL THE CHANGES,,199.000 AND THE AMMENTIES ARE 96 DOLLARS,THEY ARE CONVERTING THE OLD CLUB HOUSE TO A WORK OUT CENTER,, INCLUDED IN THE 96 DOLLARS. THERE ISNT ANY BOND OR IMPACT FEES EITHER, THE SALES PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND NOT AFFAIRED TO HELP YOU BUILD YOUR HOME LIKE YOU WANT IT.
I LOVE THE VILLAGES, BUT I CANT AMAGINE ANOTHER 30.000 HOMES HERE, THE TURN AROUNDS NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT,.IVE BEEN IN AN OUT OF STONECREST FOR THE LAST FOUR MONTHS, AND ONLY TRAFFIC I SEE IS RESIDENTS, AND LAWN PEOPLE..THE ROADS ARE PRIVATE, AND THEY DONT HAVE A SQUARE THATS TRUE, BUT IF I WANT TO SEE A DOG SHOW, ILL COME TO TV SQUARES...DONT BE TOO HARD ON ME, IM JUST GETTING IN ON THE FUN,, ONE NOTE, THE TOTAL COST OF THE HOUSE IS 199.OOO.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Veteran member

John L Jr AKA known as John B
How dare you rain on my parade :yikes:
I know someone who will help me move you over to stonecrest so you can live with Wilma and Fred and Barney and whatshername
Ima gonna get u a t-shirt that says imposter on it and tell the guards to send u back to the quarry
That being said John, get a lovehorse
Your neighbor
Handie :joke:
Old 12-11-2007, 01:36 AM

I would just like to add, how much will your home in STONECREST be worth in say 5 years compared to my home in The Villages. I also get a residents discount at the movie theatres that you don't get. Ha Ha
Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 AM

Its been said before, you can buy a nicer house for quite a bit cheaper outside The Villages. Our friends got a large villa on a golf course for $125K. (in the Villages, a comparable villa would cost $250+). Their amenities fee includes their lawn care and pest control, and also their workout center. But, they have to drive all the way over here thru the traffic on 27 to go to the Square for entertainment. They can't zip down to SweetBay in their golf cart. I think the golf cart lifestyle is an incredible feature about TV. I can't imagine navigating the traffic on highways when I'm 80, but a golf cart on cart paths I could deal with. Also, they only have one golf course to play, not the huge variety we have, they don't have the free/low cost executive courses, etc. They don't have the beautiful rec centers, art classes, etc.

And frankly, I think some of the developments outside the Villages are getting kind of old and crummy looking. I like that TV is so new. In any event, whatever floats your boat. We've made our choice, and personally I'm happy with The Villages for now.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdodge
Russ
correct, you either pay the bond separate or it is included in the price of house but it is not a county bond. You could buy a piece of land in Sumter county and have a house built or build it yourself and there would be no bond.
drd
Yes - I should have said that the bond is either paid to the developer in the price of the house or it is listed separately. The bond is for gross improvements (roads, infrastructure etc.). It is not a county tax.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.