Am I the only one...

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiannaMiceli View Post
There is an agenda for sure.
YES … the virus may be real but IMHO the manufactured hysteria is by design!

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
I bet you can't name ONE single scientist who literally wants to control everyone. If you have a much better idea of how to work this debacle, let's hear it.
google "agenda-driven science" - you'll get a plethora of hits and, upon further reading, will find MANY who are accused of just that agenda (I know … hard to believe

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Not the only one, however, I feel the stores, when seeing the panic buying should limit tp to two packages a purchase so everyone who actually NEEDS tp can have a chance to purchase it. Same with water. You cannot control stupidity in people but you can set some ground rules they did not do this. I am glad to see that costco and publix will not accept returns on these products. Finally, some common sense.
All the stores I have been going to are limiting all paper products to one per household. I've been to Costco, Sam's, Target, several Publix and several Winn Dixie. These stores all should have begun limiting purchases to one per household much sooner than they did.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

///
Old 03-23-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
All the stores I have been going to are limiting all paper products to one per household. I've been to Costco, Sam's, Target, several Publix and several Winn Dixie. These stores all should have begun limiting purchases to one per household much sooner than they did.
So, I guess a classic example of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" now becomes "damned if you do, damned if you don't, damned if you do too late"

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 02:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

We are missing a couple key numbers in this debate. First, we have NO idea how many people world wide have or had the virus.It could potentially be in the hundreds of thousands. We don't know because they were never tested. Second, the number of tested confirmed cases is going up every day because MORE testing is being done. It's not a case of suddenly overnite a whole bunch of people just got sick. Finally, we are not being told how many tests are being done AND how many are negative. Therefore, without this missing data, we have no idea if we are under or over reacting. We need these numbers for a logical discussion else all this pontificating is just that.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

There are some in the Villages and elsewhere that are in denial about the seriousness of this pandemic. They are so use to being lied to by the media that they cannot now believe the media when it reports REAL statistics. This is a real pandemic, BUT we are Americans, and Americans have fought and won world wars, the plague, polio, etc. There is no use being hysterical, but be pragmatic about it. It is what it is and it is not something to take lightly. The reason folks are stocking up on items is that they fear martial law where they will be forced to stay home. Many Villagers do NOT have family to rush to their aid and provide them with supplies that they need.....necessities. We are proud Americans and we will NOT succumb to civil disorder. We will be civil and even care for our neighbors. I am not saying that we should lock ourselves in our homes, just be prudent in listening to the experts in how to beat this thing. This gov is doing a great job of handling these emergencies as they become evident. Do you want leaders that panic and get hysterical and shout "the sky is falling" or do you want a calm leader with a steady hand. Anyone that is criticizing our leaders need to remember that they have been elected by the people and are tasked with the responsibility of the citizens they govern. Instead of complaining about problems, think about how you can be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
I see folks lining up at the Polo Field to get tested. WHY? If you have no symptoms and prove to yourself that you are not infected, does that mean you will stay at home so you are not infected tomorrow? Are you that selfish that you would waste limited test kits, just to be able to announce that "yesterday" I tested negative. What about tomorrow. The only reason for testing is to find out if you need treatment. And apparently, until they come out with a medicine to treat it, all they will tell you is to stay home so you don't infect others. Americans do NOT panic. Americans do NOT get hysterical. This is a serious crisis, but if you use your head you can survive it. There is plenty of food in America. AND there is places that will deliver to you, IF you feel the need.
Do not announce your stupidity by suggesting that this is a hoax or that the gov is lying to you. If you do not feel this is real, then explain Italy or the other 121 countries that have the pandemic. If you want to blame someone for hiding this from you, BLAME China. China should not be experimenting with biological warfare. Yes, that part is my opinion, based on their past record and the evidence of the wide spread, hardly heard of virus.
If you are mad at the pool closures, so what? Grow up and be the adults you are supposed to be. Why should the workers be exposed to this virus, just because some elitists are upset that their pool time has been delayed?
And for those grandparents that are suddenly being inundated with grandkids that are out of school because of this, with no babysitters, keep you kids off the golf carts and near home. They are also possible spreaders and they definitely do not need to be in accidents, when the police have more important things to handle. I am seeing all kinds of kids running loose in the Villages. In my opinion, they should not even be here. But, that's just me.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
We are missing a couple key numbers in this debate. First, we have NO idea how many people world wide have or had the virus.It could potentially be in the hundreds of thousands. We don't know because they were never tested. Second, the number of tested confirmed cases is going up every day because MORE testing is being done. It's not a case of suddenly overnite a whole bunch of people just got sick. Finally, we are not being told how many tests are being done AND how many are negative. Therefore, without this missing data, we have no idea if we are under or over reacting. We need these numbers for a logical discussion else all this pontificating is just that.
Perhaps this data is available but we are not being provided with these numbers for a very specific reason. Food for thought

Fred
Old 03-23-2020, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Your post contradicts itself. In the same (only) paragraph:

"The number...is going up every day because MORE testing is being done. [snip] "...we are not being told how many tests are bing done..."

So you don't know how many tests are being done, but you're sure that more testing is being done. Would you respond the same way if you learned that less testing is being done? Would you respond the same way if you learned that proportionately - the same amount of testing is being done, per 100,000 people with symptoms, as there were three weeks ago per 100,000 people with symptoms?

If you don't know how many were done, then you don't know whether or not it's more being done. Especially since there wouldn't be any NEED for more being done, if more people weren't showing up with symptoms.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:48 PM
Default So sad

Tell me the same when one of your loved ones is on a ventilator. This is not a joke.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Your post contradicts itself. In the same (only) paragraph:

"The number...is going up every day because MORE testing is being done. [snip] "...we are not being told how many tests are bing done..."

So you don't know how many tests are being done, but you're sure that more testing is being done. Would you respond the same way if you learned that less testing is being done? Would you respond the same way if you learned that proportionately - the same amount of testing is being done, per 100,000 people with symptoms, as there were three weeks ago per 100,000 people with symptoms

If you don't know how many were done, then you don't know whether or not it's more being done. Especially since there wouldn't be any NEED for more being done, if more people weren't showing up with symptoms.
Have you not been paying attention? More test kits have been made available therefore more testing is being done. But, we still are not informed as to how many total tests are being done. We only know how many tested positive and not how many tested negative.If we had both numbers we'd know how many tests are being done. No contradiction at all. Your response misses the entire point.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Have you not been paying attention? More test kits have been made available therefore more testing is being done. But, we still are not informed as to how many total tests are being done. We only know how many tested positive and not how many tested negative.If we had both numbers we'd know how many tests are being done. No contradiction at all. Your response misses the entire point.
I agree. Why not tell us how many tests are performed, how many were negative, how many were positive, how many people were tested more than once, and how many times were they tested? That would be an honest and transparent report. The information they are providing is not complete and is misleading.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:50 PM
Default Crazyness is just too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
That thinks this mass hysteria is ridiculous? People panicking over TP. People buying guns and ammo.

Im shocked at TV...at our age we have gone thru worse. So many veterans here that went thru worse.

We have no kids here to protect and feed. But the entitled worry warts have cleaned out the stores.

Wait for two years and the news will have articles on the Year the World Went Nuts

Sorry...not buying it...scientists and politicians just love to control.
I'm glad we are doing what we have to in order to get control over this situation but the constant media barrage of body counts and overly dramatic reporting has freaked people out to the extent they aren't reasoning or listening to common sense any more. Horderers should have been limited in their over zealous aquisitions of TP, sanitizers and food. They are causing the rest of us to suffer the consequences of their pure greed and selfishness. They should be shamed to the max for their ignorant actions.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,796 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So that causes the to shyt more?
A rather intelligible post but I’ll tryto help you out... yes, if you’re at home 24 hours a day versus being home 8 hours a day, you will need more toilet paper at home for your shyt. Strange how some people need very thing explained to them!
Old 03-23-2020, 03:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,796 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredpopcorn@gmail.com View Post
I think 200 roles should be standard supply
Only you know your bathroom habits and requirements.
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, people, worse, cleaned, warts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.