Amazon Lockers

Old 02-26-2024, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieBon View Post
Could this be a scam? Check the email address to see if legit?
You would certainly want to be cautious with any emails, particularly if they contain a link. I haven't used Amazon Locker so I don't know if a link is provided with those. But definitely check the address the email came from, check the address any link is trying to take you to, and be very skeptical if you aren't expecting delivery instructions (haven't placed any orders or delivery isn't scheduled until next week)

If I had ordered something to be delivered to an Amazon Locker and I received an email telling me when it was scheduled and then a further email saying it was delivered, perhaps confirming it was delivered to the locker location I had chosen, and providing instructions on how to open the locker then I would feel pretty comfortable with it.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-26-2024, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
Yes, I didn't indicate not to deliver at the house. So I went to the USPS box and in there was a key with the locker number on it which was there at the USPS at Bonivay. It even said, once you open the locker the key will stay in the lock so basically not to worry about it. Thanks for the help.
Oh! This wasn't an Amazon Locker at all, this was Amazon using USPS to deliver your package and the postal station worker put it into a locker at the postal station.

Yes, for some items (I haven't figured out which items) Amazon will use the USPS for delivery. The USPS does what it does for every package with the possible exception that they may deliver Amazon packages on Sunday. My most recent package went to the postal station but was small enough to fit into my box. Yours was not small enough so they put it into one of the postal station lockers. Not an Amazon Locker, just a locker that is used for larger packages. They put the key in your box and ask that you leave the key in the lock after you retrieve the package.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-26-2024, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never used the Amazon locker delivery service. What I would like to know is if this gives you a faster delivery or a slower delivery?
I have used the Amazon lockers exclusively for years. Delivery is faster if only marginally. The main reason for me is that it foists porch thieves. Plus, when I am away from home (vacation), I just choose another locker in the vicinity of where I am. Unbelievably convenient in my opinion.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:58 AM
Default Finding Amazon locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
When I checked most recent order it said at Amazon Lockers.
Pamela,
If you placed the order, check your app and look at your orders and click on the order details and it will show you the delivery instructions...

If someone else placed the order to be delivered to you, need to ask them for the confirming email
Old 02-26-2024, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have never used the Amazon locker delivery service. What I would like to know is if this gives you a faster delivery or a slower delivery?
Just a safer delivery.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:40 AM
Veteran member
Smile amazon locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
Amazon asks you when you do the checkout if you want to use a locker. I know one location is 7-11 At Colony not sure where the second location is.
There is one on 301 at the Save a Lot grocery.

amazon email will tell you the location and code to enter to open the door.
Old 02-26-2024, 05:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaran View Post
There is one on 301 at the Save a Lot grocery.

amazon email will tell you the location and code to enter to open the door.
Also the 7-Eleven at 260 Colony Blvd. and the Wawa in Lady Lake on US 27/441 near BJ's.

Skip

Tags
amazon, lockers, check, locker, special

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.