Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2020, 09:28 AM

Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Thank you, Don.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:52 AM

Thanks, Don. I always appreciate your videos and the research and work you put into them.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:57 PM
Default Amenity Fee

Excellent presentation! Professionally done and eloquently stated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Here’s the latest construction update video and an explanation of the Amenity Fee budgets. The Amenity Fee information is part three of the videos series I started last year with the Maintenance Assessment and Bonds. Links to these other two videos are included in the description of the video and the hot links in the video.

The Amenity Fee and The Villages 7-26-2020 Construction Update - YouTube
“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."
Author Unknown
Old 07-29-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Excellent! I really appreciate your calm, clear explanation of where the money goes. If everyone here listened to that and paid attention, blood pressures would go down and sleep would improve all over The Villages.

People! Stop gossiping and complaining and watch this!

Now I need to watch it again with the sound off so I can revel in the beautiful drone videography. Last time through I was concentrating on the spoken part. Thank you, Don!
Everyone who complains should be made to watch this. Excellent explanation of where our amenities go.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Part 2 of this video is quickly taking shape; the audio track is nearly complete, the shot plan is done, now if the weather will cooperate I'll get in the air, it doesn't look promising for today. Wind gusts over 20 MPH are flyable but risky, over 25 MPH it just becomes unsafe.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	636 2020-08-02 06.38.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	85577  
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-02-2020, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,244 Posts

Quote:
Part 2 of this video is quickly taking shape; the audio track is nearly complete, the shot plan is done, now if the weather will cooperate I'll get in the air, it doesn't look promising for today. Wind gusts over 20 MPH are flyable but risky, over 25 MPH it just becomes unsafe.
Interesting app...
Old 08-02-2020, 08:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Looking forward to the next one. Thanks for helping us to understand how this place works.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Interesting app...
It's called UAV Forecast there's an app version that's invaluable for drone flying. It's not 100% right all the time but it's close enough that I never fly without checking it.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-02-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,244 Posts

Quote:
It's called UAV Forecast there's an app version that's invaluable for drone flying. It's not 100% right all the time but it's close enough that I never fly without checking it.
Thanks, I'm a weather app junkie so added that one
Old 08-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Sage

Another thank you Don. I have subscribed to your You Tube channel for quite a while now. Always informative and factual.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Thanks, I'm a weather app junkie so added that one
(heading further off-topic... ) I use UAV Forecast too - it's developer also has an app named "Good to Stargaze" that's equally useful - I use it along with Astrospheric to plan looks at the night sky.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Goldwingnut - This is outstanding. I have to watch it again to fully absorb everything.
I have a question - you showed progress on the championship golf courses. I wanted to see progress on the courses so I drove down there. I used the map in The Daily Sun as a guide. I drove down County Road 501 into Monarch Grove. I took Corbin Train until it ends at a field. According to the map, the 2 championship golf courses should be south of Monarch Grove. There was a fence ending Monarch Grove, but I didn't see any construction. All I saw was a big field and overhead irrigation systems. I also drove down 501until I hit CR470. I didn't see anything. Where did I go wrong???
Old 08-03-2020, 05:47 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Goldwingnut - This is outstanding. I have to watch it again to fully absorb everything.
I have a question - you showed progress on the championship golf courses. I wanted to see progress on the courses so I drove down there. I used the map in The Daily Sun as a guide. I drove down County Road 501 into Monarch Grove. I took Corbin Train until it ends at a field. According to the map, the 2 championship golf courses should be south of Monarch Grove. There was a fence ending Monarch Grove, but I didn't see any construction. All I saw was a big field and overhead irrigation systems. I also drove down 501until I hit CR470. I didn't see anything. Where did I go wrong???
What the newspaper insert showed and you visited was the area areas south of the Turnpike, these areas are still in the planning stages and little visible work has been accomplished. The course under construction is the Southern Oaks course on the north side of the Turnpike just south of Bradford and Hawkins.

I would highly recommend not going into the construction areas as they are highly dangerous. The CAT745 articulated off-road dump trucks working the area haul forty-five tons each and are neither highly maneuverable nor renowned for their quick stopping abilities. A run in with one of these big boys will flatten your entire day.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 08-03-2020, 07:39 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
What the newspaper insert showed and you visited was the area areas south of the Turnpike, these areas are still in the planning stages and little visible work has been accomplished. The course under construction is the Southern Oaks course on the north side of the Turnpike just south of Bradford and Hawkins.

I would highly recommend not going into the construction areas as they are highly dangerous. The CAT745 articulated off-road dump trucks working the area haul forty-five tons each and are neither highly maneuverable nor renowned for their quick stopping abilities. A run in with one of these big boys will flatten your entire day.
THank you!! We weren't even close. No... I'm not about to drive around in there... was just curious where the courses were and was wondering if you could see any course layout.
Closed Thread

Tags
fee, amenity, video, construction, update

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.