Amenity Fees - Increased?

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2023, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,418 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouicestmoi View Post
Makes sense... although I would be surprised if the rate ever goes DOWN with the CPI?
It looks like the CPI has not gone down since 2009. Maybe someone who was here at that time can say how the amenity fee was adjusted.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-05-2023, 07:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Or, they may have not understood, or they may not have been told anything and did not KNOW the right questions to ask, and most of all, they may, like so many retired folks, be on a fixed income that does not increase by substantial amount each year. People, like relatives of ours, who had to move recently, actually are intelligent, and they do their "homework", but no one PLANS on "things going up" by 50%, hamburger that was $3.29 not that long ago is $6.99, gasoline they tell us, is heading to $5.00 since we cut back our drilling and then insulted the wrong person (!) in the Mideast. People are hurting, that's why they get so upset, no one goes out of their way to explain these things and so many try to ask the "right" questions but just don't know exactly what to ask ! Yes, people are hurting, and in a retirement community like ours, a lot of people are hurting. It may not even be today's amenity bill, it's what next year will bring. Hope that helps you understand just a bit. You may have more money, or you may have more investments bringing in larger amounts of money each year than some other people, so you don't worry as much as some others might. Hope that helps to clarify a bit.
Clear as mud.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Chi: Town, I see your response but what does our taxes & kids have anything to do with annuities? Guess you lost me!
Old 04-06-2023, 09:41 AM
Default Love your recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouicestmoi View Post
Leaving this here to close in case someone is able to find the thread with the boolean-lacking search engine.

I don't have any problems paying for things I am responsible for and prefer not to go through life as a lemming, paying additional fees without looking into "why."

LESSONS LEARNED:

1. Amenity fees are adjusted, annually on the anniversary of the original land sale date of the property.

2. This adjustments is based on the fluctuation of the consumer price index in that year.

3. This information is available for your review in your deed restrictions.

4. Some people feel entitled to call others entitled when they don't know them at all.

I appreciate all of these sincere answers and the funnies along the way!
I don’t know you, but you are a class act! Well played!
Old 04-06-2023, 09:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,800 Times in 736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Clear as mud.
Perhaps someone with reading comprehension could explain it for you.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,689 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
You know the only thing I didn’t like when we lived in TV was when we got so old that we could get out to do anything we still had to pay the amenities. If you don’t do any of the activities isn’t there a way not to pay for for them? Correct me if I’m wrong?
No. When you can't or choose not to use the amenities, and you wish to not pay for them anymore, the appropriate thing is to move to another place.

TV is built around amenities, and the use thereof.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,689 Times in 975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Try getting real estate rax relief by stating you have no school kids living at home anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
They love taxpayers with no children using the school system. Love! They love all that money coming in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Chi: Town, I see your response but what does our taxes & kids have anything to do with annuities? Guess you lost me!
People who think they shouldn't pay school taxes because they don't have kids in school don't pause to consider the difference between a tax and tuition. You pay tuition to send your children to school, you pay taxes in order to live in a community that has legislated that certain payments will be made to the government to fund services the government has legislated as useful or beneficial to the community.
A pacifist in the USA who feels too much money is being spent on the military still pays whatever the government deems they must pay.
Someone who thinks too much money is being spent on social services for other segments of the population (eg. food stamps, Medicaid, hot lunches for kids) still has to pay those taxes.

Likewise with a school tax.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I’ve been here off in on for over 20 years , I’ve owned and lived in 6 different homes , 5 new and one preowned , I don’t golf , never use the pools , don’t use the recreational centers or belong to an club and go to gym in Leesburg . I live here because everything looks nice here with a lot of businesses and restaurants and I never lock my doors . I gladly pay for the amenities because they keep the property values high and I’m 84 and I may not use the amenities but I could if I wanted to FYI yes you are wrong
I agree with MOST of what you said. But, PLEASE, PLEASE, lock your doors. There are thieves and dangerous people around TV Land. Not many, but some, so why take a chance?
Old 04-06-2023, 03:50 PM

Good comment!
Old 04-06-2023, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,942 Times in 1,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I agree with MOST of what you said. But, PLEASE, PLEASE, lock your doors. There are thieves and dangerous people around TV Land. Not many, but some, so why take a chance?
because I spent almost 40 years of my life in dangerous places around the world and I like the idea of an unlocked door , sort of like Gibbs on NCIS who never locks his door lol , last house I sold I had to make keys for the buyer and I was away half the time,.I do lock condo doors when I’m away ,also I’ve read some of your posts I’m baffled at your description of this place but you know everyone is different , at 84 I’m still hitting bars in Thailand by myself , I’m like the guy from the old mad magazine What Me Worry , (never)
Old 04-07-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreason5616 View Post
I don’t know you, but you are a class act! Well played!
Thank you, that's so kind!

I moved here to make friends not to irritate or engage with people who seek negativity in their lives.

Last edited by ouicestmoi; 04-07-2023 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 04-08-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Is an increase of $10 a month a problem? That’s less than inflation last year. Your Social Security check went up, what, 7.5%?
I don't receive social security, however, I am a disabled vet, so your point is made... yet it has nothing to do with my question.

Last edited by ouicestmoi; 04-08-2023 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Nope…they are entitled to not ever paying a penny more…yep, entitled.
What you call entitled, I call prudent. Anytime a cost or fee goes up (or down), I would want to know and understand why, how much and for how long? Perhaps it was in the fine print when purchasing the home? So what? We all miss things - in fact, that is what this TOTV was created for. For all of us to exchange information and ideas.
Old 04-09-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
It looks like the CPI has not gone down since 2009. Maybe someone who was here at that time can say how the amenity fee was adjusted.
If the CPI goes down your amenity fee goes down. For example, if your current monthly payment is $180.00 per month and the CPI goes down by 1%, you new monthly payment for the following 12 months will be $178.20. (One resident says that in the 20 years he's lived here his amenity fee went down (only a little) in three of those years.)
Closed Thread

Tags
amenity, fees, year, based, homes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.