Anonymous Complaints

View Poll Results: Anonymous Complaints
Yes they help keep the community in compliance and harmony 69 34.67%
No the reporting party should identify themselves with the complaint 130 65.33%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2023, 01:48 PM
Default If you broke your promise to your neighbors...why do your neighbors owe you anything?

http://youtu.be/koVwmgUyDwM
Old 05-14-2023, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
How would you know this if they are anonymous?
YOU - would not know this. The department someone called to submit the complaint would know this.
Old 05-14-2023, 02:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
So....you are saying you have a contact in Community Standards....who is giving YOU confidential information in the form of an individual's email address?????? You do know I am going to check this out and verify it first thing Monday morning.......
Under Florida Law, if you elect to correspond with the Community Development District via e-mail, your email address becomes public record. If you do not want your e-mail to become part of the public record, available for public record requests, then do not send e-mail to this entity.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana2Teddy View Post
But did/will the beauty of the villages in that district deteriorate too? I’d sure love to see how that goes as time passes. There’s a home in our village that is hideously covered with yard art of all kinds, and even the garage door is always covered with messages for the different holidays. Apparently no one on that street has complained, so it never changes. I’m just glad I’m around the block, and my immediate neighbors follow the district rules. After living next door for 20 years to a total dump in our former state we love the restrictions here, but it sucks that if anything changes with a neighbor’s property we’d have to be the ones to report it since The Villages won’t take responsibility. It shouldn’t be neighbor against neighbor. IMO!
It has been less than a year since the change of no longer summiting anonymous complaints. Complaints are still filed, but the random 50plus at a time has curtailed greatly. Now the complaints that are filed, seem to be those who live in that area. Which is how it should be.

Holiday decorations can be displayed for 30 days, with either yard or outdoor decorations. If the home annoys you, then file a complaint with community standards. You can hide by filing anonymously, or find out if this is a super older citizen, that could use help getting things under control.

Our first neighborhood had a home that holiday decorations stayed up for months, Why, because she had taken a fall, and couldn’t get out to bring them down. After that everyone took turns, making sure her decorations got safely put up and removed. It does take a village to make people’s life a little better
Old 05-14-2023, 04:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Do what you want.

The rep from community standards shared this info when he provided us with the complaint. As well as the 5 others on the same block.
An article on the other news site also quoted the same story.
So, no inside info.
For your information, a complaint submitted via email…..the address becomes available to whoever asks.

Further, you may want to visit this link.
VCDD Community Standards
Yes I know the law...
Interesting..... You stated earlier that you obtained this information of 50 complaints by one person when you inquired to the CDD about an infraction in your neighborhood....correct?
What district are you in? I'm pretty sure or will find out very shortly that the person who you claim to have spoken with would not be in the loop to have this information at their fingertips. So if what you're saying is correct... And you did get the actual email address or the person you were talking to add that email address at their disposal, then the person would be one or two particular people within the CDD. FL law provides the CDDs may charge for this information, and every CDD does. How much did you pay....for 50 complaints????
Old 05-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Sage

I met a man the other day who said he was concerned about all the complaints made against my neighborhood about all the white crosses and other lawn decorations, and wasn't I up in arms about that?

I just kinda had to chuckle about that. Here in the "historic section" tacking pink flamingo lawn decorations are ALLOWED. We don't have that particular deed restriction. Our tacky pink flamingos still need to be placed on "well-kept" lawns with proper edging, not overgrown beyond 4 inches in height, with no shrubbery more than 4 feet high and no fences. We have a bunch of other restrictions too. But - lawn decorations are not listed among them.

So complain away, ladies and gents. I'll be on the front lawn with my concrete gargoyles, clay turtles, and ceramic ducks, waving to Community Standards as they drive on past.
Old 05-14-2023, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Yes I know the law...
Interesting..... You stated earlier that you obtained this information of 50 complaints by one person when you inquired to the CDD about an infraction in your neighborhood....correct?
What district are you in? I'm pretty sure or will find out very shortly that the person who you claim to have spoken with would not be in the loop to have this information at their fingertips. So if what you're saying is correct... And you did get the actual email address or the person you were talking to add that email address at their disposal, then the person would be one or two particular people within the CDD. FL law provides the CDDs may charge for this information, and every CDD does. How much did you pay....for 50 complaints????
Did not contact CDD. (Community Development District)

It’s none of your business what district I am in.

I had no interest in getting any emails…..and did not.

No contact inquiry, no information received, no payment.

This is the last time I will be responding to you silly accusations.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:19 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Question? Why hasn't anyone taken photo's of the 'trolls" they claim to have seen?
There are pictures floating around !
Old 05-14-2023, 10:40 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
It has been less than a year since the change of no longer summiting anonymous complaints. Complaints are still filed, but the random 50plus at a time has curtailed greatly. Now the complaints that are filed, seem to be those who live in that area. Which is how it should be.

Holiday decorations can be displayed for 30 days, with either yard or outdoor decorations. If the home annoys you, then file a complaint with community standards. You can hide by filing anonymously, or find out if this is a super older citizen, that could use help getting things under control.

Our first neighborhood had a home that holiday decorations stayed up for months, Why, because she had taken a fall, and couldn’t get out to bring them down. After that everyone took turns, making sure her decorations got safely put up and removed. It does take a village to make people’s life a little better
What an uplifting post. I've read so many self-righteous comments over the years, on this and other sites, with people so ready to "jump" on a neighbor without any regard to their need or condition. I see so many really derogatory comments on other sight (assume by residents outside the Villages community), about "villagers" being: entitled snobs, cold, idiots, the phrase "could not care less about anyone but their own entitled selves" has been used. This always strikes my heart as, in general, people ARE SO GIVING, do so much for others outside our community, but... the prevailing image of a "villagers" is exactly as ONLY A FEW actually are. Had an illness, or fall, or other that prevents you from getting your lawn mowed to the exact height that pleases an "entitled" neighbor, well, get the money and hire someone. That's the type (though rare thankfully) of person who gives everyone those derogatory names. "Tone deaf" to others, the attitude of "if I HAVE PLENTY of money, then you should too" are the folks who others in are area see as "elites". I am so heartened that people in your village work on human kindness, take the time to see if someone needs some help, etc. Yes, most village residents are very kind and generous, but, there are enough to give us that very bad look in the eyes of our surrounding neighbors "outside".
Old 05-14-2023, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post

This isn’t the situation at all with this home. It’s a young retiree who just happens to love going crazy with the outdoor decor. Over the top crazy! And changes her garage door decorations for every holiday. Not an elderly person who needs help. At least not that kind of help, lol. I don’t have to look at it daily, so I’ll stay out if it, but if it was across the street or next door I’d definitely report it. I’m not against yard art, just over the top, every inch of yard covered yard art.
Closed Thread

Tags
anonymous, complaints, serving, interest, village

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.