Another fun time on the road!

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Default Another fun time on the road!

Heading down Hillsburough toward the Charlotte gate in our golf cart, we turned onto the golf cart path, to be met by someone in another cart frantically stopping us...Seems like a car with Texas plates had turned onto the golf cart path, instead of going out the Charlotte gate, and was in the process of turning around and heading back to where it all began...If these nice gentlemen had not stopped us before we went around the corner to go toward the tunnel, who knows what might have happened on that curve. Thank you to them for the warning, from my husband and I and our 2 dogs. This is the 3rd time in a very few weeks that we were almost hit by cars driven by stupid drivers. AGAIN, please drive careful out there, in a car or cart!
Old 03-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoni View Post
Heading down Hillsburough toward the Charlotte gate in our golf cart, we turned onto the golf cart path, to be met by someone in another cart frantically stopping us...Seems like a car with Texas plates had turned onto the golf cart path, instead of going out the Charlotte gate, and was in the process of turning around and heading back to where it all began...If these nice gentlemen had not stopped us before we went around the corner to go toward the tunnel, who knows what might have happened on that curve. Thank you to them for the warning, from my husband and I and our 2 dogs. This is the 3rd time in a very few weeks that we were almost hit by cars driven by stupid drivers. AGAIN, please drive careful out there, in a car or cart!
oh boy.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Sadly it may a new full time resident
Old 03-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
This is the 3rd time in a very few weeks that we were almost hit by cars driven by stupid drivers.
As your story proves, there are stupid drivers today and there will be stupid drivers tomorrow. So how are you going to deal with it?

Maybe stop using your cart when there are lots of snowbirds who do not know the 'rules of the road' in TV.

Anyway, since there are a lot of stupid and clueless drivers around, I guess you will figure out the best way to ensure your safety. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Things should work themselves out once the build out is complete (tee hee).
Old 03-17-2016, 08:41 AM
Sage

As usual must be careful especially when they are more drivers on the road during the snowbird season.

BTW - I'm not saying this particular driver is a snowbird but my experience is that I've seen a lot of miscues on the road especially people who go three quarters around the roundabout in the right lane. I just had two people cut me off making a turn onto 466 and a woman who was so busy talking to the passenger, she was totally unaware that I was watching her vehicle, as she was in the right lane, going 3/4 around the roundabout.

Let's be careful out there!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I don't know what it is about this gate.......I saw this same thing a few weeks ago!

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 03-17-2016, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,154 Times in 2,250 Posts

On the flip side, I was going North on Morse, above 466 (a section I really try to avoid), and a golf cart driver slightly ahead of me SIGNALED he was going to make a LEFT turn. I flashed my headlights and let him move over. We ended up stopped beside each other at the light. I thanked him for using his signals. He mentioned being new to the area and already seeing several GC just cutting left from the GC lane.
There good drivers out there.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
As your story proves, there are stupid drivers today and there will be stupid drivers tomorrow. So how are you going to deal with it?

Maybe stop using your cart when there are lots of snowbirds who do not know the 'rules of the road' in TV.

Anyway, since there are a lot of stupid and clueless drivers around, I guess you will figure out the best way to ensure your safety. Good luck.
How can you be sure it was a snowbird?
Old 03-17-2016, 04:20 PM

Sounds like someone who is blindly following their GPS.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,154 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Ski View Post
Sounds like someone who is blindly following their GPS.
GPS units must be used with an eye on the road....Mine always say EXIT ROUNDABOUT one exit BEFORE I actually need to turn. Before the last update, it would tell me to turn on one of the streets before the actual street I wanted to turn at.

SO as you state, DO NOT BLINDLY FOLLOW A GPS, look around, use common sense.

Tags
cart, golf, car, time, turned, gate, heading, charlotte, path, dogs, husband, happened, curve, drive, warning, cars, hit, driven, stupid, drivers, 3rd, careful, weeks, began, texas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.