Another NFL-on-television question

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Default Another NFL-on-television question

I have cable and there are no NFL packages available. Nothing on radio either, except for XM and sitting in the car for three hours doesn't appeal much. So, where can I watch the Bengals?
Old 09-26-2013, 05:29 AM
Sage

I have directv and got free nfl package for a year. Try Oshea's pub on 44 SW of Brownwood.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Veteran member

if you have hi-speed internet try this site....I plug laptop into tv and watch games.....takes a few minutes dealing with the pop-ups be patient and dont download any of the upgrades for your media player that it says you need. There are quite a few free sites for just about any sport you want to watch. NFL Free Live Stream Online | NCCAF Free Live Stream Online
Old 09-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I really like Gator's Dockside in Town Square, Spanish Springs. All the games are on there on nice television. The atmosphere is great with fans of all teams mingling and having a good time. There is of course a good deal of good natured ribbing, but I've never seen anyone being impolite toward a fan of another team.
I happen to be from Boston and am thusly a Patriots fan. I looked into getting some kind of package so I could see the games at home. The problem that is was about $200 and if you look at the Pats schedule, they have a couple of Sunday, Monday, Thursday games which we can see here. Then they play the Bucs so that was televised here as well. There's a possibility that we might get the Dolphins / Pats games here and a few others. It came down to paying $200 to watch seven or eight Patriots games so I decided to look around.

What I discovered is that it is so much more enjoyable to watch the games surrounded by other football fans who are rooting for their teams. I've also met other Patriots fans from my area and even have a little fun with the fans of this week's victim..I mean, opponent. I even go over there when the games are broadcast here. I rather watch there than at home. Sometimes I go over early and have lunch and then order a pitcher of beer for the game.

The management tries to determine which teams will have the most fans that particular week and allots the number of screens for each game based on that. Often, they will sit fans of each team together so you can meet other people from your hometown. This past Sunday a large group of Redskins fans were seated at a long table and had their game on two screens. The Cheeseheads were in the big room with your guys. That had to be a great time for Bengals fans.

If your teams game is a big one, you might sit in the big room out front with six different screens and your opposing teams fans in the same room. Those are the best games.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 PM

Thanks. That does sound like fun.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.