Another price increase!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
Wow, wife and I will be down in about 3 weeks or so to buy a home. Wonder if they raised the prices on the other models?
I believe the price of a new home is not set in stone until after your design meeting. Until then, you are subject to any price increases.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Default Still a great price to pay to live in the Villages

We had recurring increases as well but all in all it was still more reasonable than maintaining two homes and Im living in the Villages which is fun and exciting. I get to golf, swim, eat and have drinks with my new friends as well as some friends i have had met here years ago just visiting. The property taxes i was paying up north continue to increase at such a fast rate that it was causing undue stress for me and my wife. We took the plunge and are so happy to be here. I'm sure you will find that even with the price increases you may be able to save on the other areas such as home upgrades, or not paying certain taxes induced by other states. Good Luck
Old 09-05-2012, 04:26 PM

There are plenty of nice preowned homes for sale in The Villages, most of which are under 10 years old. I am always surprised that many people must have a new home. Often preowned homes have many upgrades already in place. Glad you are moving here, I am sure you will love it once your home is built.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I don't think that supply and demand, which is the #1 rule of economics and will work perfectly if not interfered with, had anything to do with the bubble bursting in '08.
The problem with the housing market back then had more to do with inexpensive bad loans.
But prices increased because of demand - true bad loans made that demand available to many people, but there were just as many not getting bad loans eager to get in on the action. Think maybe it was greed that spurred that whole fiasco - everyone wanting to get rich quick!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Gomoho, you are absolutely correct.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.