Another Villages hit piece

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2022, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The only opinion that counts is our own. This kind of post and thread will be going on forever. We don't pay it any mind at all unless an OP takes shots at specific Villages then watch out.
Old 07-07-2022, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&JenC View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMMXjJjRFw

Some takeaways:

This guy hates the fact you're enjoying your life.
He cant believe there is such thing as a golf cart mechanic
We have our own strain of an std. We're all rich racists and everyone hates us.
Everyone here is afraid of the evil developers
Oh and TRUMP.....waaaaaaaahhh
Long time villager sets him straight in the nicest way possible and he's forced to walk back his BS.
98% village positive comments
My opinion. If, you allow others to tell you what to do, you give others a power that should be yours.
Same thought 98% are positive. The 2% may be right.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Hardly a hit piece. Somewhat the opposite.
Old 07-08-2022, 09:46 AM

The guy "Nick or Nic" that did the video, does videos on different parts of the the US. I know him from his "Don't Go Here in <This State>" videos.

He is snarky, but that is his gimmick. Otherwise, it would be Fun With Flags, by Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

He looks at crime and income statistics from communities in every state and makes observations.

His comments on The Villages started off by acknowledging some stereotypes, talking about Wildwood, and about other aspects of The Villages.

I think his interview with gentleman villager actually endeared him to The Villages some.

The lady had some valid observations, but she seemed like a mess.

I have experienced on numerous occasions that you are golden until you say something, albeit defensible, contrary to "The Villages is Heaven." Heaven probably ain't Heaven either -- I bet you get, maybe, 30 cable channels at best. Most of them are going to be religious content. I'm sure they have streaming, but that is probably only for baptisms and bathing. I'm sure there will be No golf carts because they would mare the golden MMP paths. Yeah, Heaven is going to take some time to adjust, just like The Villages.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:05 AM

I actually liked this video and will link it for others asking about it so they can see for themselves. The visuals are great. I would even use without the sound, but it's okay to have a few things explained too. I just can't answer the orgy/std stuff without personal experience.
Old 07-08-2022, 11:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteph View Post
The guy "Nick or Nic" that did the video, does videos on different parts of the the US. I know him from his "Don't Go Here in <This State>" videos.

He is snarky, but that is his gimmick. Otherwise, it would be Fun With Flags, by Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

He looks at crime and income statistics from communities in every state and makes observations.

His comments on The Villages started off by acknowledging some stereotypes, talking about Wildwood, and about other aspects of The Villages.

I think his interview with gentleman villager actually endeared him to The Villages some.

The lady had some valid observations, but she seemed like a mess.

I have experienced on numerous occasions that you are golden until you say something, albeit defensible, contrary to "The Villages is Heaven." Heaven probably ain't Heaven either -- I bet you get, maybe, 30 cable channels at best. Most of them are going to be religious content. I'm sure they have streaming, but that is probably only for baptisms and bathing. I'm sure there will be No golf carts because they would mare the golden MMP paths. Yeah, Heaven is going to take some time to adjust, just like The Villages.
I appreciate your comments about heaven. I feel better already about the fact that I am unlikely to get in. I'm sure it's nice, but equally sure there will be complainers.
Old 07-08-2022, 01:49 PM

Anybody ever here the prevailing rumor about women in the bar at City Fire Sumter? If they are wearing pink slippers that means they are guaranteed to sleep with you. I heard this rumor before moving here but never tried to test it out. My wife thinks that it's an old wives tale, but I often wonder why she has a closet full of pink slippers.
As far as the orgy/std thing, when people ask me about that I remind them that it's a retirement community and the men here are more interested in golf.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
Anybody ever here the prevailing rumor about women in the bar at City Fire Sumter? If they are wearing pink slippers that means they are guaranteed to sleep with you. I heard this rumor before moving here but never tried to test it out. My wife thinks that it's an old wives tale, but I often wonder why she has a closet full of pink slippers.
As far as the orgy/std thing, when people ask me about that I remind them that it's a retirement community and the men here are more interested in golf.
I get asked about STDs a lot. I tell people that unless you can get one playing dominos I'm safe.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I get asked about STDs a lot. I tell people that unless you can get one playing dominos I'm safe.
I tell them if I get one I will be in jail for murdering my husband!
Old 07-08-2022, 08:46 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

STDs are average. That rumor is just nuts as are most rumors

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-09-2022, 07:55 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
STDs are average. That rumor is just nuts as are most rumors
Hard to believe it was all started years ago by a reporter from up north without any facts.
Old 07-09-2022, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

A friend of my husband's sent him this video about two weeks ago and the guy lives in Hawaii. Funny thing is, hubby and I finallyjust watched the video this afternoon together, then I came to TOTV and saw this thread. Funny how that happened.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers999 View Post
Anybody ever here the prevailing rumor about women in the bar at City Fire Sumter? If they are wearing pink slippers that means they are guaranteed to sleep with you.
Still under 30 days I think I can go to returns and swap mine out for black.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
My opinion. If, you allow others to tell you what to do, you give others a power that should be yours.
EXCEPT in marriage........LOL
Closed Thread

Tags
hates, trump, villager, time, long

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.